Where is everybody?
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Where is everybody?
hi Igraine,
hence this private discussion on HHZ that did not get resolved in 2016 and is just as much the case now: http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=2073

feel free to add your thoughts there..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-14-2017, 04:41 AM
Find Reply
VioletPeach Offline
Violet

Threads: 2
Thank you! I found it online during some sort of search and thought it would be a lovely place to live!

~Violet
Ta Tu Go Leor
02-18-2017, 07:53 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
greetings whats going on no one is typing or chatting..i am starting to wonder whats happening does nt anyone have problems ? like I have lots of.....have anything fun or exciting that they did on 4th of july that I didn't get to do ,and didn't have any invitations to do. I made a visit to go to a counselors office and they put me on a waiting list to see till they find whats available ..when he has an opening to see me .so I will try calling different counselors and look on the internet for different counselors to see me ...still hoping to find one that knows about did ...or at least one willing to work with me ..not listen to me ramble on and on and say come back on this date I have available...so I'm little bit curious what does any of you did people do for fun in your free time...I live a very boring life..spend too much time alone hanging around dealing with all these medical issues ...
07-10-2017, 09:19 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I read and write. Watch too much TV. Try not to dwell on the past but it shows up anyway. I have joined a coffee group. Just social. And I go to church but not enough. There are some octogenarians that I help sometimes. play with my kitty when she is in the mood. I play games on Facebook. I have a friend who doesn't know us. She and I go for coffee and play scrabble. I dog sit sometimes.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-11-2017, 01:52 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

WHATS A COFFEE GROUP I NEVER HEARD OF THAT..IS THAT FROM A CHURCH HOW DID U JOIN THAT SOUNDS LIKE SIMPLE FUN NO DRAMA ..THEY DONT HAVE THAT HERE IN U.S WHERE I LIVE . I WISH THEY DID I WOULD DEFINITELY JOIN... WHATS AN OCTOGENERIAN AND HOW DO U HELP THEM WHAT HELP DO U GIVE ..IS THAT ONE OF THOSE FOREIGN TERMS WHERE R U LOCATED IF U DONT MIND SAYING ?..ENGLAND OR CANADA OR UK UNLESS YOU R FROM A PARTICULAR RELIGIOTHING THE AMOUNT OF TIMES U GO TO CHURCH ISNT WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO GOD IT IS YOUR FAITH IN HIM THATS WHAT COUNTS ...I AM A PRACTICING CATHOLIC AND WE R REQUIRED BY OUR CATHOLIC PRACTICES THAT WE HAVE TO GO AT LEAST EVERY SUNDAY OR SATURDAY ONCE EVERY WEEK OR ITS A SIN IN OUR FAITH .... UNLESS THERES A SERIOUS REASON U CANT GO THEN ITS NOT A SIN. LIKE I USED TO GO EVERY DAY 7 DAYS AND NOW I AM REALLY SAD I CANT GO AT ALL ...FOR NOW AT LEAST UNTIL I FIND A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE ..NOT EASY BEEN LOOKING FOR QUITE A LONG TIME NO T SAFE ,,, PEOPLE R GETTING ROBBED AT KNIFE POINT , BEAT UP AND JUMPED AND KILLED IN THE DAYTIME... ALL FOR MONEY TO GET DRUGS.. .IM SO SCARED TO WAIT AT A BUS STOP ALONE FEW MONTHS AGO I WAS SURROUNDED BY 5 MEN IN BIG PILES OF SNOW READY TO PUSH ME ON THE STREET FULL OF ICE ...LUCKILY I WAS ABLE TO RUN A WAY QUICK JUST AS THEY HAD THEIR HANDS UP TO PUSH ME ..THEN THEY CHASED ME AND A BUS CAME AND I GOT ON ..I BLOCK OUT SO EASILY IN FEAR THE LITTLE ONES COME OUT SO QUICK WHEN THEY R AFRAID..THE PRIEST TOLD ME I SHOULDNT GO ALONE IF I AM NOT SAFE..TO CHURCH ALSO HAVE CRAZY STALKERS FOLLOWING ME AND THAT FREIGHTENS ALL OF MY ALTERS ALSO.... I DONT GET WHAT THAT MEANS WHEN U SAY I HAVE A FRIEND WHO DOESNT KNOW US HOW CAN SHE BE FRIEND IF SHE DOESNT KNOW U THEN THAT WOULD MEAN SHE IS A STRANGER ..? RIGHT? DO U PLAY SCRABBLE AT A COFFEE SHOP WITH HER THAT SOUNDS LIKE FUN ...SEE THATS THE KIND OF STUFF I CALL FUN AND WOULD LOVE TO DO THINGS LIKE BOARD GAMES AND COFFEE FOR SIMPLE FUN TO MAKE THE TIMES GO BY .WHEN U GOG SIT DO U GO TO THE PERSONS HOUSE FOR LIKE WHEN THEY GO ON VACATIONS OR IS IT JUST WHEN THEY WORK ... THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE I WAS WONDERING IF OTHER PEOPLE R LIKE I AM WITH DID AND SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER ...IT SOUNDS LIKE U KNOW YOUR ALTERS WELL AND HOW TO HANDLE THEM IM STILL IN BEGINING OF DID UNDERSTANDING AND RECOVERY .EVEN AFTER 25YEARS OF COUNSELING AND PSYCH DRS ..I AM RETIRED AND STILL DONT MANAGE LIFE OR DID THAT WELL OH WELL SUCH AS MY DREARY LIFE ...JP PEACE AND BLESSINGS.I HAVE TO LEARN PATIENCE WITH ME AND MY ALTERS..SINCE I FELL 3 TIMES AND BANGED MY HEAD AND I AM REAL SLOW STRUGGLING WITH EVERYDAY LIFE AND COGNITIVE DISABILITIES SINCE THE FALLS ..
07-12-2017, 01:40 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

NOT A THERAPY GRPU[. IF YOU LOOK AT MEET UP.COM FOR YOUR AREA YOU MIGHT FIND SOMETHING SIMILAR. WE HAVE JOINED A FEW THINGS. WE DON'T TALK ABUT ISSUES THERE. WE JUST CHAT.
07-14-2017, 02:45 AM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

hi peoples what is an octugenerian curious what do u feed them ? never heard of that ... also what r 3d people ? that u talk about in with a other posts ...what does it mean when u say I play scrabble and go for coffee with a woman that doesn't know me ? the coffee social sounds like fun ..nice to get with people and not talk about problems ... lastly what is your cats name ..? and is it loving and cuddly ? j ust peachy
07-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

OCTOGENARIANS ARE PEOPLE INTHEIR 80S. I DON'T FEED THEM AS THEY ARE NOT YET AT THE STAGE WHERE THEY NEED HELP.WE JUST GO FOR COFFEE OR A MEAL TOGETHER. I HAVE KNOWN THEM FOR A LONG TIME SO WHEN THEY STARTED TO NEED HELP I STEPPED IN ON OCCASION.

I AM AN EXTROVERT AND ENJOY ANY CHANCE TO GET OUT AND SOCIALIZE. MEET UP IS A GREAT SITE.

KATY IS THE NAME OF MY KITTY. SHE CAN BE VERY CUDDLY, USUALLY MOST INTERESTED WHEN I AM ON COMPUTER LIKE ANY OTHER CAT. SHE IS ALMOST A YEAR OLD SO SHE LOVES WHEN I PLAY WITH HER. WHAT I DON'T LIKE IS WHEN SHE WAKES ME AT DAYLIGHT TO PLAY. AND SHE ALWAYS BRINGS THE SAME TOY. IT SAYS NAUGHTY ON IT AND SHE SITS ON IT. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IT IS THERE UNTIL SHE GIVES UP AND LEAVES. I RECOMMEND PETS FOR ANYONE WHO CAN HAVE 1.
07-18-2017, 04:12 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I'm sure that many people are lured outside, especially on the weekends, to try and enjoy the summer and the sun while it lasts. I'm one that would rather come out at night as I am not a sun person, but most people like being outside this time of year. Maybe that's where everybody is - outside.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-27-2017, 12:38 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
I think also sometimes it is hard for some of us (at least for we) to focus enough to post regularly. We come and look and read and sometimes write partial responses and then I don't even know what happens. We are trying and I'm wondering if others get distracted too since maybe only one person inside posts here, and the rest do other things.
07-28-2017, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I left for a while when a lot of the regulars decided to move on. They had various reasons I suppose. Some were frustrated, others were just moving on to a new chapter. Facebook has drawn in some people but I don't like the set up there. I don't feel as safe and I value my anonymity.

For people who see a T or a PDoc who sees a lot of multies perhaps they could give them the name of the site to pass on to others. That might sound scary but remember, anonymity is well respected her, and in the office of any good T.
07-29-2017, 01:39 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

My husband went on a much needed holiday back to the west coast where his uncle and aunt are. They are wonderful people. So now, I am all alone. I used to have my mom with me because I took care of her, but this aloneness suddenly is bringing her recent death to the forefront. It feels pretty awful. What I am really trying to say is that I tend to post in times when for whatever reason I feel isolated in the outside world. I come here and feel like at least there is a community of understanding people. When things are going super, I tend to post less. Distress is the trigger a lot of the time. By the way, I got my darn lip pierced yesterday with a nice silver ring. My husband is going to sh*t, but I have sacrificed a lot for him so I guess he's going to have to learn to live with it. I am NOT taking this one out. It's mine because it expresses on the outside what's on the inside. I can't see what one little piercing in the lip matters when I'm covered in tattoos. Fringe is fringe, but I am not hardcore like some people. If you really want to see piercing taken to its nth degree, Google Extreme Piercing Images and you won't believe what you will see. Still, I believe in personal choice, I just don't know how these people can get a job - it would be pretty hard to do with dozens of stainless steel horns implanted in your scalp or a face filled with dozens of piercings. To each his own, I say.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
07-29-2017, 12:43 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
i suspect it's very hard for people with lots of piercings in obvious places to get most jobs. most industries have a certain look they expect, but this does change over time. congrats on the new piercing.

it makes sense that people mostly post when their lonely or distressed. we have friends who only communicate with us in those circumstances, so it would fit here too. when we had more active members it wasn't as obvious though.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-29-2017, 01:01 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Thanks nats - it's the last piercing I am doing so I feel complete now. Strange how a cheap piece of stainless steel jewelry can lift one's spirits, but that shows you how shallow part of me is (LOL).
Heart
07-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

hi shadows I thought of something that might be helpful in posting a message and getting less distracted .. it helps me I usually write some thoughts down briefly on scrap paper in an answer to some ones post .. then I type some of it below some ones question if I find it hard to focus on the typing half way through I click on the save as draft button and it saves my half finished post I now can go back to finish it when I am feeling better , more focused and not so stressed ..the one thing I notice about myself is that when I am stressed or distracted or upset its usually someone inside who is not getting any of my time or enough attention to get through the day.as well as dealing with lifes toughest daily struggles .. so I f I could mention a book that I have read at least 3 times from cover to cover its about a mans journey in finding out he has did ... and how he deals with it ...you can get it at the library so you don't have to buy it .if they don't have it at he library near you you can get it out of state from a different state .. its called iLL INTERLIBRARY LOAN they get the library book for you for free to borrow from a library out of state and the library pays a discount fee to get the book for you ..the book I am talking about is reccommended on this mm site in the reading room books ...its called first person plural by Cameron west phd it is one of the best books on did that I have read cuz the author Cameron west is so gut wrenching honest about did and how it has affected his life ..jp
08-08-2017, 10:51 PM
Find Reply