Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
shades Offline

Threads: 8
Question  Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
That is what I will like to know. Because of I am not.

From Danny.
VolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcanoVolcano
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Gandhi
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
Dang it. Can't get used to this sensitive little laptop. Just lost our whole response. Sad

To summarize, mostly no. Some top circlers step up to blend and help upfronters, but we don't want to be discovered or seen by outsiders, so for us it's okay to hide and not be seen. Sounds like it's hard for you, though, huh?
10-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
shades Offline

Threads: 8
Yes becasue I do not like to be a Embarrassment that is why. Because I will like to do what I want to not other people want me to get away.

From Danny.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Gandhi
10-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
I do not want to be seen in public no! Unless I am with friends but if someone else asks i will scury and hide!
byby
sidra
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
Only if we are around friends who have inside people. Or are okay about inside people. Which is not a lot. But sometimes I sneak out. Hahahaha.

Joseph M. Sneak Smile
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Website Find Reply
Emma19 Offline

Threads: 3
When I want to come out ,I do. Sometimes they need me. Rachel Emma 19 friend
11-01-2012, 07:35 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
people come out when needed or interested. outsiders rarely/never notice what they're not looking for. HP
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
11-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sno1
Hey Danny. We are aloud to eb out as long as we bahave cicil like adults. a course two do not folo this rusles aspecualy ifn there a kitty doggee etc on the stree. most ambersing to bigs she also tok to bunnies of jak rabit kind who live rund here. we dascuss this with more than one t but two do wat she want. kinda funy sept to som boring bigs.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
01-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Absolutely never. I have a human interphase that deals with the outside world. Has to ... Otherwise no one would understand what the heck they were with. My others are either too small, too dysfunctional, or too angry to be out in public. It would be a pretty big disaster for me if they went out there, and mostly...they don't want to go out there at all. They don't feel safe at all out there for their own good reasons.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Question  RE: Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
Igraine, what's a "human interphase"? And if you don't mind saying, how does it differ from your system as a whole?

No need to say anything that makes you uncomfortable. We're just interested in how different systems work.

MDs
03-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Website Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
Friendship/Support  RE: Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
Some of us can come out and some of us cant for different reason or dont want to. This world is a scary place that other people dont understand us so we dont like to come out much. Our host gets angry anyways if we do without asking cause others make fun of us if they dont know about us anyways.
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
03-21-2013, 12:38 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

(03-21-2013, 10:01 AM)MakersDozn Wrote: Igraine, what's a "human interphase"? And if you don't mind saying, how does it differ from your system as a whole?

No need to say anything that makes you uncomfortable. We're just interested in how different systems work.

MDs
A human interphase is a deliberately engineered hyper functional public persona programmed with protocols to behave precisely in correct, socially acceptable, and politically correct manners. It is not a true personality per se, but is more of a front that interphases with peoploids. I make adjustments to its functional algorithms as situations or changing norms demand. It is a shield that I, the host stand directly behind and manipulate as required...watchful and protected. I don't always use it, but with new, untrustworthy, or uncertain situations I slip it on like a comfortable suit. Every bit of it I designed from the ground up and it took a long time to get it to run in a smooth natural manner. Out of necessity I created it, but it is not a true alter or personality, more like a programmed machine.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
03-23-2013, 07:27 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: Are You Allowed to be Seen In Public?
Igraine,

Thanks for explaining. It helps.

MDs
03-24-2013, 02:48 AM
Website Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Just to further show how well my human interphase works...I switched twice in front of the nose of a psychiatrist who was telling me he didn't think I had DID. He never even noticed a single glitch in the program. Quite a little screen saver Ive built for myself, except now I have to go back to him and try to explain what happened. My T suggested that it would be the right thing to do. I don't do it on purpose, but when I feel uncomfortable with someone or like I'm being invalidated or whatever, the public persona keeps running in the foreground like a faithful sentinel. Strange ... it never seems to happen while I'm here at Mosaic Minds. When I'm here I don't feel the need to hide behind anything. Thank you so much MM for giving me a place where I can be what I am without me feeling odd, different, or judged, and especially for never making me feel invalidated. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Smile
Heart
03-26-2013, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
We second the thank yous also Igraine and are so grateful for the support MM gives all of us!!! Smile
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
03-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Find Reply