So quiet here.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: So quiet here.
Five of Hearts sounds like you have a boss life.
KA and Grey of the People (or so they say)
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
04-27-2019, 06:37 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
(04-27-2019, 06:37 AM)The People Wrote: Five of Hearts sounds like you have a boss life.
KA and Grey of the People (or so they say)

I wish. Weekends are my own and they currently rock but WINTER IS COMING! (literally) Work is mind-numbingly boring, on my lonesome all day making things out of wood and glass, boss never visits.

GROUNDHOG DAY!

Still in first year so novelty hasn't worn off UNI yet , but only there two days a week. I can tell its going to be a fun few years there.

So four out of seven ain't bad I suppose, and 1000% better than last year which was the worst on record.

Trying to make this one the best on record whilst getting over last year which i'm still decompressing from.

Heart
04-30-2019, 03:13 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
step by step. if we can focus on making each year a bit better than the last (even the horrible ones) then that's an achievement Smile what are you studying, if you want to say?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-01-2019, 04:43 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Hi 9Bears. We agree that it is hard to develop a social circle, especially since we stopped working. We have actually developed a friendship with another multie who likes a lot of the same things we do. We play crib with her pinking playing cards. Two finds that to be fascinating.
05-01-2019, 05:27 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

(05-01-2019, 04:43 AM)nats Wrote: step by step. if we can focus on making each year a bit better than the last (even the horrible ones) then that's an achievement Smile what are you studying, if you want to say?

step by step's how iv'e been doing it nats. So far gone from homeless, to find a place to live (thanks sis), to find a job, to start some T, to get life back, to start UNI, to join MM, to... 

...Don't know. (Maybe more T, probably not this year, undecided)

I don't mind saying some 3D stuff, it's one of those flexible mixed bag enrollments; Fine Art, Object Design & Jewelry Design. T was just cognitive (apparently iv'e been having "unhelpful thoughts").

5oH
05-02-2019, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

"unhelpful thoughts"....hahahahahahhaa, story of my life. apparently, those with trauma backgrounds don't do particularly well with cognitive or narrative therapies (personally, i think some do and some don't). we certainly don't but not tried alternatives like art t or somatic types of t. ah well. step by step still works

art and jewellery sounds fun!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
05-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Yeah, it helped a bit. Mainly I can now catch myself anticipating and dwelling on worst case scenarios. I have to stop and tell myself every move I make's not going to end in disaster, so stop thinking like that. stop being paralysed from the neck up and maybe try and trust someone just a little bit. Make it sound easy don't I. Wish it was. Sometimes I can just snap out of it, other times not.

I tried to move the therapy towards past stuff but it was outside the referral brief so that T wouldn't go there. I get so angry bout csa i could melt glass. Never told her about multi. (never told anyone except on MM)

art and design is a lot of fun. Carrier outcome? supposed to be jewelry artist. Wait and see.
05-03-2019, 10:50 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we had access to super low-cost Freudian t for years. stuck with it b/c it was so cheap and helped to have someone to talk to about the day to day frustrations, but couldn't get into any deep stuff b/c others didn't feel safe/comfortable to go there so it was just talking about 'how was your day' after awhile, which seemed pointless even for the low price - sort of like paying a friendly person who doesn't really get you.

we'd have fun designing jewellery, but completely lack any skills to make what we'd design!
05-04-2019, 04:05 AM
Find Reply
clickclick4 Offline

Threads: 6
Hello. Up at the top of the page it says I last visited 3-19-17, so it's been over two years since I was last active here, and I never really developed any friendships on this forum because I didn't post much. I won't promise I'll ever make a post again after this one, but I will go ahead and keep the tab open in my browser for a while and see how it goes.

It feels like everything is better now. We're still a system, but we are coping much better with things. Life is honestly just nice sometimes.
05-04-2019, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Just take yor time 5 of Hearts. It will all come when you are ready. I am glad that you pop in and throw your nickel into the pond on occasion. This place has been a saving place for me and I have learned so much.
05-04-2019, 11:06 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

hi ClickClick4, great that life is nicer now. that's wonderful to hear.
any tips on what helped you make it better?
05-05-2019, 06:27 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

(05-04-2019, 04:05 AM)nats Wrote: we had access to super low-cost Freudian t for years. stuck with it b/c it was so cheap and helped to have someone to talk to about the day to day frustrations, but couldn't get into any deep stuff b/c others didn't feel safe/comfortable to go there so it was just talking about 'how was your day' after awhile, which seemed pointless even for the low price - sort of like paying a friendly person who doesn't really get you.

we'd have fun designing jewellery, but completely lack any skills to make what we'd design!

Mine was mainly talking about frustrations to, I'm lucky to have access to 12 free sessions a year (i think all Australians do). Need a GP referral but don't get to choose your T or the type of T, all that's done for you based on what you say to the GP.

My foo/dad was an industrial designer and trained as a toolmaker so i have a little head start making jewellery. (not to mention about 1/2 a metric ton of precision metalwork equipment)

(05-04-2019, 11:06 PM)The People Wrote: Just take yor time 5 of Hearts. It will all come when you are ready. I am glad that you pop in and throw your nickel into the pond on occasion. This place has been a saving place for me and I have learned so much.

I'm so not ready
05-08-2019, 03:33 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad So quiet these days The People 5 4,552 12-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn