Messages In This Thread
Bought a New Mattress Set.... - MakersDozn - 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Bought a New Mattress Set.... - tweeter - 06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Bought a New Mattress Set.... - Cammy - 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Bought a New Mattress Set....
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Doing okay  RE: Bought a New Mattress Set....
(06-23-2013, 02:17 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: PS....meant to also say something about the point you brought up about water retention. It's not involved in what we described. The size increase we're talking about is muscle-related.

We do retain water at certain times of the month, but that's a separate thing. And don't get us started on belly fat. Undecided You didn't mention it, but it's been a thorn in our....well, belly....for a while now.

Laura and others

Hi, one of those times. I had written a reply last night, plopped on the couch to watch TV and take time to come back to what I had written, and check it before posting. I fell asleep. Next thing I know, it's 7am. The post was intact, but computer froze, so I'm rewriting. Turned out to be the right thing to do.
I've also been getting certificate error warnings over the last weeks just about anywhere I go.

There is such a thing as muscle edema, and much of it, thankfully, has nothing to do with you. You don't have fibro, the real nature of which is a far cry from pharmaceutically-driven bs, IMO. "Subjective swelling" my tail bone. But, I digress.
I don't have the energy to research as much as I would like. Really interesting. And I care about you. I've seen docs fall all over themselves when confronted by swellings, or reports of localized, temporary severe edema. Some can't tell the difference between fat and water, or a mix of the two, and possible pathologies beyond. And so, more technological approaches have arisen. In the current, economic climate, the docs would have to justify such a path, and I don't see it as necessary for you (a hunch).
As your commute exercise is something your muscles are used to, I wouldn't put that on the list of possible causes for muscle swelling.

I was perplexed until you mentioned belly fat. Having not researched this, and how its appearance might be concurrent with other, localized, increased fat deposits, I ask if there's a connection. I also ask if there's a fat/water combo going on inside and outside of muscle tissue.
Is there a body weight difference when comparing now to before? Changes in diet? What is current basal metabolism reading? An even slightly low result can affect a person.

As you know, but it can still take one by surprise, there are body configuration changes that can start in the 4th decade. I think there's a strong familial genetic factor in this, as well as exercise history.

If I put it all together, it occurred to me that with normal physiological changes occurring, maybe there is a relatively mild med side effect that is a contributing factor. That might have been seen before as more generalized, and now has areas more specific to hook onto.

Stay cool in this beastly weather, and happy snoozing,
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Bought a New Mattress Set.... - MakersDozn - 06-22-2013, 08:03 PM
RE: Bought a New Mattress Set.... - tweeter - 06-24-2013, 09:27 AM
RE: Bought a New Mattress Set.... - Cammy - 06-25-2013, 05:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post