Messages In This Thread
RE: Our father is doing better.... - tweeter - 06-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Our father is doing better....
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Our father is doing better....
(06-10-2012, 01:51 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: tweeter....Glad FM hired the cleaning people, and that LL agreed to make the repairs. Sounds like LL knew that you have legit grounds for action against him if he didn't do anything.

Hoping you can get settled soon.

Laura/Allegra/others

Hi! Yes, seems so. This LL won't do the unnecessary. Besides, the help is witnessing what we're doing with the place, including what probably is over $200. in cleaning costs. I kid you not. They don't know I intend to take the window blinds and window AC (which fm bought) wherever I go. Some tenants leave these things behind. Not this one.

This is probably one of my more upsetting moves, because really getting settled won't be possible. I had wanted to have all my textile wall hangings up, but don't know that they would be safe from cr*tter damage, and don't feel secure in that place. No place for my tansu either, cause the table on which it would rest is needed (no counter space in kitchen). These are the items which spell "home" to me. Maybe that will be somewhere else. I hope.

It will be makeshift at best, but I look at it as a base of operations from which I can exercise leverage as my own person. I need that very much. I also realize that I need to have a higher regard for my own safety, over curiosity, than in the past. I've already had one challenge to this, and met it well. Need to adjust to the craziness that has become NYC and make it work for me.

FM will be back for a bit in early July to help with loose ends, and visit.
I'll be heading to a hosp. financial office tomorrow to get whatever is right in health insurance off the ground (Medicare premiums Special Help, etc.), and will go to Chinatown for a reasonably sized shopping trolley, one small enough to fit on the bus. I saw one I liked and the lady said she got it in Chinatown. The hotel is walking distance from Chinatown. FM got me a huge (for me) metal cart, which would be good for a Costco run. I like the Kirkland kitchen garbage bags, which come in a large, heavy box. Perfect.

FM and I have discussed my getting a wardrobe (my idea) for hanging clothes. Easier said than done, for anything that looks good and won't break the bank. The two tiny closets I have will be packed with duffles. Much of living area is going to look like a storeroom. shrug. As I said, apt. description was off base.

Cuticles are healing in this climate. I'm not have sporadic breathing problems here. I'm thinking it was allergy induced, very unusual for me. Hope I can get some good health care here. FM and I starting to discuss finance options, especially as regards moving to a better place next year.

Thanks for encouragement. Same to you and your father.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
06-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Our father is doing better.... - tweeter - 06-10-2012, 05:21 PM