Re-starting book discussion here
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Re-starting book discussion here
There is some discussion on the formatting of the book and here is what I think. While I think that the majority of the book should be peoples stories I also think that it would be good if some poetry and pictures are intertwined. While I think there should be some stories of how 'I got to be we' (not too detailed) people could write about what they do to get through the day, things that keep them going etc. People could have more than one entry.

Some people could talk about effects on present day life. How fear keeps us from connecting with others and how many of us are single and alone for that reason. Others could talk integrating or not integrating depending on what they have done and whether it matters to them or is a goal.

We could also have a bibliography at the end for people using the book as a helper. People could name books that they used like Getting through the Day. They do not all have to be DID books.

Random thoughts.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-18-2013, 03:46 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Re-starting book discussion here
hi People,
thinking similarly that the focus should be on 'how we are and what we do now', then probably something on 'where we came from/how we came to be,' maybe something on 'where we want to be.'

the book could be thematic, with each member's contribution sitting within the most appropriate seeming theme (e.g. sort of like 'case studies' or 'examples of living this way,' but more flexible and individual). then contributor artwork (e.g. pics or poems) could be woven into the general introductions to each themed section.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-23-2013, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Lost track of who was going to explore publishers. I do recognize that this will not be an overnight task but just wondering if there is any progress.
10-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(10-05-2013, 03:15 PM)The People Wrote: Lost track of who was going to explore publishers. I do recognize that this will not be an overnight task but just wondering if there is any progress.

Not yet. Am travelling for work so will follow-up on return. Sno1
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
10-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Excited about getting this project going. Maybe people who want to be involved to start thinking about how and what they want to write.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
11-15-2014, 04:16 AM
Find Reply