Interesting people
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Interesting people
If anyone likes listening to thought provoking talk I suggest the TED channel online. Some of the people are very profound.

http://www.upworthy.com/what-s-schizophrenia-like-a-woman-who-hears-voices-explains-it-beautifully-2?c=ufb1

This woman talks about being dxd with schizophrenia yet I find so many similarities between her journey and mine (minus the supportive mother). There are exceptions; her voices tell her what she is feeling or enduring while my other selves display things I never could and still struggle with. Based on my experience not all people with schizophrenia have symptoms that present themselves like hers do either.

I remember when I first started talking about my voices there was no judgement either. There was just listening. There is a big lesson here for me and many others with many and varied conditions. We get so caught up in what we have that we don’t know who we are. Forget who we were when we were the age of Two and Page (once known as Paper but I guess Two won that one as well).

Something has changed over this past several days. In a good way. Perhaps it is the result of the last of the drugs washing out of my system but I feel like it is time to move on from who I was and focus more on who I am. Thank you all for being part of that even though I fought a few of you tooth and nail at times.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
News/Information Interesting page The People 2 2,582 07-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Last Post: The People
  Watched interesting video The People 2 2,604 09-03-2017, 12:06 AM
Last Post: The People
  Interesting T session Tangled Web 5 4,661 04-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn
  Interesting journalling idea The People 2 2,478 01-08-2015, 01:43 AM