Speaking of cleaning
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Question  Speaking of cleaning
We have been switching a lot lately and have physical health issues that started after we moved in here (well got worse). But mostly it is the head issue. I can find things online that give you ways to stay tidy. Some things I did were
- got rid of extra set of flatware (had 3 after flood) and extra dishes. We don't entertain but avoid dishes. They would pile and pile... by getting rid of extras the piles are not so high or overwhelming.
- Finally getting around to putting bills online. That way we know what has been paid and we don't find 3 power bills on floor without knowing what has been paid. Work in process.

Still a way to go. Not looking for long list. Just some 5 minute fixes that help people. We also increased # of garbage cans so that less ends up on floor. Empty them when we put out main garbage with litter scoop.

Um, if you are OCDish about cleaning I don't mean to be mean but we might get overwhelmed. The mother was like that and we were supposed to keep up.
08-26-2013, 03:18 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Speaking of cleaning
Sounds like you're doing what you need to do, which is a Good Thing.

We do not Heart cleaning either. But we have to have orderliness (neatness) or we go nuts.

Hope that the steps that you've taken are helpful for you.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2013, 10:44 PM by MakersDozn.)
08-27-2013, 10:44 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Speaking of cleaning
hate cleaning. love living in a clean space. if money allowed, the best solution would be a cleaner Blush. till that glorious day, we make sure any important communication comes via email (so there is a searchable record all in the same place) and all bills are paid by direct debit (as those that aren't may disappear).

we periodically try to set up some kind of schedule for cleaning, but this hasn't really been implemented so not sure whether it works or not..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-04-2013, 03:38 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

(09-04-2013, 03:38 PM)nats Wrote: hate cleaning. love living in a clean space. if money allowed, the best solution would be a cleaner Blush. till that glorious day, we make sure any important communication comes via email (so there is a searchable record all in the same place) and all bills are paid by direct debit (as those that aren't may disappear).

we periodically try to set up some kind of schedule for cleaning, but this hasn't really been implemented so not sure whether it works or not..

I think scheduling only works for certain personality types. I do remember learning a poem about wash our clothes on Monday etc. Never did make sense. I am working toward a better me. That is the best I can do.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: Speaking of cleaning
(09-04-2013, 09:06 PM)The People Wrote: I think scheduling only works for certain personality types. I do remember learning a poem about wash our clothes on Monday etc. Never did make sense. I am working toward a better me. That is the best I can do.

makes sense. think it works well for some in here but they're not out on schedule to keep it implemented Confused ah well...
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: Speaking of cleaning
We're great with devising a plan but lousy at implementing it. Cool

Laura and others
09-05-2013, 02:36 PM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

(09-05-2013, 02:36 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: We're great with devising a plan but lousy at implementing it. Cool

Laura and others

Some people love making schedules. I even suck at that!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-06-2013, 02:00 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speaking of Birthdays mosaic 10 6,231 01-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Last Post: mosaic