Feeling lucky
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Feeling lucky
I feel very lucky to have such a great team of mental health professionals on our side. So many people have posted on MM that they are havin difficulties with their psychiatrists, cpns etc. That makes me feel sad because they are missing out on so much. We have a brilliant psychologist, cpn, psychiatrist and peer support worker, that are all very supportive of our condition and very understanding. We were really worried about meeting with the psychiatrist last week but he turned out to be fine.
Just thought people might benefit from hearing something positive.
Blue.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Feeling lucky
Thanks Blue. Positive is always welcome. I too have a terrific pdoc...he's tough, ethical, and knowledgeable. Total no nonsense type. My kind of pdoc. I don't need my damn hand held - I want answers and action. This is why my pdoc is a good fit for me. Some people need docs that creep around on eggshells around them at all times. That's not for me. I worked in an all-male culture for 30 years...an action-oriented culture. I guess it rubbed off on me. Face to face deal with it now type of stuff, both professionally and personally. Everyone I suppose has to find someone that fits with them. I feel lucky that way too.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
08-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Feeling lucky
Blue and Igraine,

It's great hearing about both of you having good support people. We've had a very good T for nine years. And we had a very good T for five and a half years before that. It's a great feeling after so many years of having Ts that weren't so good.

MDs
08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Blue Offline

Nice to hear Igraine. My pdoc wants to take us off our meds. We're on antipsychotics and anti-depressants. He has only jus given us our diagnosis (although our psychologist did her own diagnosis ages ago, which is the same as the pdocs; at least they're on the same page) and he believes that we were misdiagnosed with psychosis when all along we were jus dissociating. It's good to have people who understand.
Blue.
08-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Yo MDs. I've put this in another post in da steam room but is it right ya have a blog? If so, do ya mind sendin me a link for it? I been told about it an i'm really interested in seein it as i've been told it's really good.
Cheers, Blue.
08-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
News/Information  RE: Feeling lucky
Hi Blue....We replied on Steam.

MDs
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Website Find Reply