Creativity question
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: Creativity question
(08-11-2013, 12:27 PM)Igraine Wrote: I can write effectively and in ways that can move people. I can also practically tell everything there is to know about a person when I first meet them. Many people have asked me, "Do I have a sign on my forehead? Am I that transparent?" No. Just to me they are. I also have the ability to feel what another person is feeling (or an animal). This has been a blessing and a curse. I am also able to walk into an emergency situation and calmly, rationally, and effectively handle it with perfect clarity. I also have experienced some clairvoyant skills, but these are not highly developed in me as they would be in someone truly gifted. I also have a way with wild animals. I've had gophers climb up the steps where I am sitting and crawl in my lap. I don't know what that is, but even as a child I have had a very strong connection with animals, even bugs trust me. It's weird, but so am I.

None of that is weird Igraine. It is wonderful. I forgot that I too have a way of reading people. It has been very helpful in the work I have done as it helps me to understand my clients and what way would help them best. Even coworkers say that about me. Suck at paperwork.

We don't know each other that well. Yu say you are alone and I know that feeling and have talked about it. I don't know what your job is but have you thought of using your gifts to volunteer at an animal shelter, a zoo, someplace where you can prove to yourself that you are valuable?

Just a thought.
08-12-2013, 11:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

(08-10-2013, 08:22 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi from Joseph to chem! And I am 8 and a half and I like to have fun. And we never met someone who did pole vaulting before. And I think pole vaulting would be very fun but my other people would only like to watch. And how high up can you go?

Joseph Smile

Hi Joseph. It was good to hear from you. It is OK if your others don't feel like sharing. I have known them long enough (how many years now?) to know some of their creative gems.
08-12-2013, 11:05 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Creativity question
Hi from Joseph to The People! And we have known each other for maybe 15 years or something like that. At least 13 years cuz of DH became MM in 1999.

And we like it that you are posting all these cool threads! Cuz then lots of people write back.

Joseph Smile
08-16-2013, 11:49 AM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline

(08-16-2013, 11:49 AM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi from Joseph to The People! And we have known each other for maybe 15 years or something like that. At least 13 years cuz of DH became MM in 1999.

And we like it that you are posting all these cool threads! Cuz then lots of people write back.

Joseph Smile

Thanks so much Joseph. Hope all is well in your family (internal and external)
08-18-2013, 12:56 AM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Yo The People. Me and our host, Angel are good at art. She is also good at music and singing whereas i am crap at that!! Sarah likes writing stories and Lila, 7, likes colouring an stickers and is good at ball games.
What's this about a book you've written? I'd be really interested in readin it! Has it been published? And if so, is it available in the uk?
Blue.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
To The People from Igraine: I am SO hypersensitive about animals that working at an animal shelter would keep me in despair and tears 24/7. Any hint of abuse or suffering of an animal absolutely destroys me completely...totally. I'd be trying to bring every animal home with me and I have a full house already. I bond with animals instantly...it would be so hard on me. Thank you for the suggestion though. When my pdoc suggested this I just sat there and started crying immediately at the thought of it. I'm just too sensitive.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 06:32 PM by Cammy.)
08-21-2013, 06:30 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
We are extremely good at writing. So good to the fact that our T has been encouraging us to write our life story for over 5+ years now as she says that she thinks she could get it published and would help so many other survivors. Problem with that is that we don't want our story out there for the world to know. It's not that we don't want to help anyone else by any means. It is that our personal past/story is so deep and so painful that we do not want to share it with the world. We know we are good at writing and expressing ourselves but to share that part of us and to open up that deep is not something that we are willing to do. Although our T continues over the years to push the issue and believes that one day we just might give in. But it is our one outlet when all else fails that we can sit and write for hours on end and get it all out of our head and onto paper so it is a good outlet if nothing else! Fell bad for our T though as she has a room filled with nothing but our writing for the past 23 years. Think she would be nuts buy now with all that she has read about our past!

Katie and crew
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
08-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: Creativity question
(08-21-2013, 05:40 PM)Blue Wrote: Yo The People. Me and our host, Angel are good at art. She is also good at music and singing whereas i am crap at that!! Sarah likes writing stories and Lila, 7, likes colouring an stickers and is good at ball games.
What's this about a book you've written? I'd be really interested in readin it! Has it been published? And if so, is it available in the uk?
Blue.

Thanks for answering. You have a lot of talent! I have many books started. Poetry about my life, (our) a book started on same, short stories on women protecting themselves and kids learning inner strength to protect them against bullies. Right now not much as head needs a break.
08-26-2013, 03:01 AM
Find Reply
Blue Offline

Threads: 24
Thanks for answering. You have a lot of talent! I have many books started. Poetry about my life, (our) a book started on same, short stories on women protecting themselves and kids learning inner strength to protect them against bullies. Right now not much as head needs a break.
[/quote]

That's fair enough. We all need a break sometimes.
Blue.
"The human spirit can and will withstand n overcome anythin"
08-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
Wow! We are amazed how similar all of wes are. We have those who are very artistic with pastels, acrylics, water colors and sketching. We also have those who write very well. We have been published before and our T and Pdoc also encourage writing a book. We have those that can fix just about anything and those that build computers. No one was encouraged to do anything. They were strongly discouraged by bios because things such as writing and art were for lazy people. Many are frozen at this point...so afraid to write or draw or do anything. At this point, we're all just learning to wait, and that is the most difficult thing ever.
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
08-29-2013, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

(08-29-2013, 09:40 PM)finlyalive Wrote: Wow! We are amazed how similar all of wes are. We have those who are very artistic with pastels, acrylics, water colors and sketching. We also have those who write very well. We have been published before and our T and Pdoc also encourage writing a book. We have those that can fix just about anything and those that build computers. No one was encouraged to do anything. They were strongly discouraged by bios because things such as writing and art were for lazy people. Many are frozen at this point...so afraid to write or draw or do anything. At this point, we're all just learning to wait, and that is the most difficult thing ever.

Can you come to Canada and teach me to put the wheel on my bike? I cannot fix anything. And while you are "waiting" maybe you could get your littles a colouring book. They would maybe enjoy that even if you are just sitting. Love the butterfly.
08-29-2013, 11:41 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
one day we want to edit a book that will give a chapter for each MM member who wants to participate (e.g. telling their story, talking about what helps them, etc). we have the structure in mind and it wouldn't be too hard to find a publisher. think it would be fun Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Idea  RE: Creativity question
(09-04-2013, 03:43 PM)nats Wrote: one day we want to edit a book that will give a chapter for each MM member who wants to participate (e.g. telling their story, talking about what helps them, etc). we have the structure in mind and it wouldn't be too hard to find a publisher. think it would be fun Smile

I have thought of that too Mats and I think it would be great. We all have the same label and similar issues but we are also unique people with different goals, ways of living and struggles. I think it would be a much better read for some people than an autobiography of one multiple.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
09-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
well that's two of us already Smile

all we need is about 5 or more interested to participate and we can see a book already starting to take shape!

what do you think, should we post this on a separate thread and see if others are interested?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
chem_in_6 Offline

Threads: 6
books and telling stories! we like this idea Smile

-the crew
09-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Find Reply