new therapist
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Doing okay  new therapist
Met with a new therapist this afternoon to ascertain if she would be appropriate for my son. She was kind, down to earth, and seemed to have full knowledge of DID and red dot backgrounds. It felt so good to talk to someone who doesn't look at me as if I'm crazy. She has experience working with DID clients with red dot histories. I explained that my son desperately requires a therapist that is open minded and believes that extreme abuse can and does occur. She is open to working with my son and understands that it will take time for him to process and heal from the severe trauma he endured, so she is in it for the long haul.
I am optimistic for the first time in a long time. Hopefully my son will feel comfortable with her as well. He will meet her next week.
Thanks for your ongoing support!!!
08-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: new therapist
(08-01-2013, 08:24 PM)Reilly Wrote: Met with a new therapist this afternoon to ascertain if she would be appropriate for my son. She was kind, down to earth, and seemed to have full knowledge of DID and red dot backgrounds. It felt so good to talk to someone who doesn't look at me as if I'm crazy. She has experience working with DID clients with red dot histories. I explained that my son desperately requires a therapist that is open minded and believes that extreme abuse can and does occur. She is open to working with my son and understands that it will take time for him to process and heal from the severe trauma he endured, so she is in it for the long haul.
I am optimistic for the first time in a long time. Hopefully my son will feel comfortable with her as well. He will meet her next week.
Thanks for your ongoing support!!!

Understanding and good therapists are hard to come by these days so this was a great post to read. It is nice to hear that you have found someone that potentially could become an advocate for you and your child. We truly hope that this works out for all of you and that the healing process can begin as it takes a team to begin the process of healing. We remember when we first met our therapist 23 years ago and honestly we hated her..lol. But now after so many years most of us honestly are glad we toughed it out as she has become one of our biggest supporters and has fought long and hard for our rights. We surely hope that the same happens for you and your son with this new therapist. Best of luck for you and we look forward to great updates.
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: new therapist
Great news, Reilly. Sending good thoughts.

MDs
08-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Website Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I am happy for both you and your son. She does sound very promising. I hope that the 3 of you can form a good relationship. That trust will build at a reasonable pace. Without trust there is nothing else.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-09-2013, 04:06 PM
Find Reply
chem_in_6 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: new therapist
We're glad you found a very promising therapist for your son. Hopeful that you can build a good relationship with her and that your son is able to build trust and heal.

-chem, Oldest, and Zip
08-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Feedback  RE: new therapist
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes.
My son met with her a few days ago and liked her very much. So far so good.
08-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Hi from Joseph to Reilly! And I am glad that your son likes the new T. And I hope that she can help him. And my other people hope so too.

Joseph
08-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Reilly Offline

(08-10-2013, 08:19 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi from Joseph to Reilly! And I am glad that your son likes the new T. And I hope that she can help him. And my other people hope so too.

Joseph

Thank you Joseph!
I am hoping she will be able to help him before he becomes a grown-up.
08-10-2013, 08:47 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Question
Do your kids have a pet? Pets? Best therapy going. If they had a working dog (they have them for many types of issues now.) The kids could take the dog with them when you go places that are frightening for them. And cats are so good for cuddling with and loving; if they are having a good day.

My friend wrote a book called "On Toby's Terms" which is about a rescue dog they brought into their lives and who was the actual weapon of mass destruction. With guidance they got toby a job at the local mental hospital where he visited people every week. He made a huge change in their lives. It will be a movie sometime soon. The author is Charmaine Hammond. It was self published so as a teacher I caught a few errors (and how it was written up is so Charmaine) but you toss those things aside as you get lost in Toby's story. Maybe a good Christmas gift that you could read together.
08-14-2013, 01:01 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Hi the People.
Yes, we are lucky to have furry friends. We have a cute Beagle mix that we got from our local shelter and two cats (former strays) that we adore. They bring much joy and comfort to our lives. I think when my son reaches adulthood a service dog might be a benefit to him.
Your friend's book sounds interesting.
08-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

hay reilly i glad yoo got anmuls

yoo gota beegul

sophie hoos 8 gota insid beegul

we notoalowd havn owtsid anmuls Undecided

david hoos 5
sophie hoos 8 she heer but she not say nuthin
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Happy  RE: new therapist
Thank you David.
I love having my pets around. They are very special.
08-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Therapist Is Leaving Shadows 25 15,671 08-14-2017, 03:09 AM
Last Post: nats
  New therapist! FreyasSpirit 1 2,586 04-14-2016, 03:25 AM
  How to Find the Right Therapist iylahsek 5 4,313 05-25-2014, 02:37 AM
May trigger Dumping therapist Reilly 13 8,742 07-30-2013, 02:53 AM