Process and move on
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
May trigger  Process and move on
Race
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/triumphant-human-spirit-230616110.html?vp=1

The attached story is one many of us have heard.

About the 3 girls who disappeared and came back women. It is good to see them looking healthy although we all know that appearances can be deceiving. I do like this article however as it puts a positive slant on the things we need to do in order to recover. Process and move on. For me processing is not just telling the story. It is also feeling the feelings about self and others. Some argue that forgiveness has to be part of it but I disagree and it is not in this article.

As for moving on, I have met many people who are still stuck. I cannot say why. However in my old town there was a group I used to attend. I stopped growing as some people would tell their stories over and over and nothing changed. I did not count the times because there is no magic number. However, I quit going and then when something traumatic happened a few years later I went back. 4 women sat there with the same facial expressions, same stories, maybe even the same clothes. They were talking but not processing. Thus they were unable to move o. What a horrible place to be. I am not nearly 'there' wherever there is. However, I do know that I am not where I was when I first met these women and for that I am grateful. I had help but I worked hard as these women in the videos appear to be doing.

Attached Files Image(s)

07-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
May trigger  RE: Process and move on
Hi The People.
I will scroll.

That is my ultimate hope for my son. That he be able to process his trauma and move on. I think if he remains living the trauma over and over his abusers would win. My message to him and to anyone who has suffered is that you have a right to be happy and live your life as you so choose. You've suffered enough! Don't be robbed of your future. I hope he moves on from it and flourishes.
07-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Agree  RE: Process and move on
Hoping that we can all process what we need to process, and move forward in our healing.

The People....thanks for sharing the video about the three women from Cleveland. It's inspiring. We hope that they find peace.

MDs
07-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Website Find Reply