Meet potential new T tomorrow need questions.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Sad  Meet potential new T tomorrow need questions.
Wonder if I should write up a list of questions rather than risking teenagers blocking anything we have to say. Have no memory of last 2 starts. Well with previous to this one I just remembered how young she looked. A shithead T messed us all up, especially Peak, by saying that she had to listen to really bad stuff and she was actually crying when she said that. With this one... met her with previous one and don't really remember asking her anything. I took a long break b/t the two in order to adjust to that. Have to decide whether to do this again.

Question one: What do you see as a good outcome for a multiple? if the answer is the big I that will negate any need to move any further.

What is your experience with Multiples. (Most important issue here is willingness to learn as a lot of Ts just have a taste of it.)

I don't know what else to ask so suggestions are welcomed. Present T will be with us (I think)

BTW I also stopped my meds as my head was becoming puzzle pieces - more than usual.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Meet potential new T tomorrow need questions.
Lists R very good. I always use my own standard set of questions to evaluate a new T. They either pass or fail.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-19-2013, 01:01 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: Meet potential new T tomorrow need questions.
Hi The People.
Meeting a new therapist can be quite daunting. I suppose the important question for me as it relates to my son is whether they believe DID to be real. So many think it is extremely rare.
Good luck with this therapist. Hope it works out.
06-19-2013, 09:18 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Sad  RE: Meet potential new T tomorrow need questions.
Thanks Igraine and Reily. This is something that the woman she is replacing would have ensured; that she does believe. We are actually going there together and she will stay with me if I so wish. I thought it was today but it is next week.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-20-2013, 01:34 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
I made a list of questions for my new T also. I think it is a great idea and very helpful. Some of the questions I had on my list were: Would she judge us? What were her boundaries? How available would she be for us? Would she just expect us to accept what she says and believe it because she was the T? Would she answer our questions?

For us when we were meeting this new T we needed to know how opened or how closed she was, if she was rigid, cold, or if she had her own agenda and wasn't able to hear what our agenda was. We needed to know if she would be able to hear us and listen to us. And of course we wanted someone with experience in dealing with trauma, and DID.

I hope it works out for you and this new T is exactly what you need.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

(06-20-2013, 12:09 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: I made a list of questions for my new T also. I think it is a great idea and very helpful. Some of the questions I had on my list were: Would she judge us? What were her boundaries? How available would she be for us? Would she just expect us to accept what she says and believe it because she was the T? Would she answer our questions?

For us when we were meeting this new T we needed to know how opened or how closed she was, if she was rigid, cold, or if she had her own agenda and wasn't able to hear what our agenda was. We needed to know if she would be able to hear us and listen to us. And of course we wanted someone with experience in dealing with trauma, and DID.

These are reminders of what we have asked in the past. It has been a while. Thanks for this.

I hope it works out for you and this new T is exactly what you need.
Tangled
06-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Polyfragmented Questions clickclick4 4 3,707 05-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Last Post: nats
  Expecting pep talk from T tomorrow. The People 5 4,177 04-28-2017, 04:28 AM
Last Post: nats
Other/All/Unsure T tomorrow The People 10 7,717 04-10-2015, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Blue
Question Questions? Tangled Web 6 4,281 07-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Tangled Web
Question Starting Therapy in 3 weeks and have questions chem_in_6 14 11,036 09-07-2013, 04:42 PM
Last Post: chem_in_6