pretty disappointed in myself
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Sad  pretty disappointed in myself
I was supposed to watch my grandson this morning. i really look forward to that.

what did i do instead? i fell asleep and didn't hear my phone alarm reminding me, or the texts asking me if i was coming over to the house

argh. i hate when i let someone down like that.
06-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
RE: pretty disappointed in myself
I can understand your disappointment Mosaic but you are human and obviously needed the sleep. Perhaps in the future they could call you instead of txting? I know I often miss calls or txts cause I just don't hear them. I've told people that if I don't answer a txt they need to call my house phone cause that I will hear.

<3
Jamie of Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
06-07-2013, 02:32 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
agree with Jamie. texts can be hard to hear and you must have been tired. empathising.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi Mosaic. I am also agreeing with what has been said above.
When I have done something to disappointment someone, I try to make to make it up to them and that helps me forgive myself for sometimes being "human" or being forgetful. I hope they were understanding, and know it wasn't something you did on purpose.
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hi. Stuff like this happens to us all (all the time). You didn't do it on purpose and next time you will arrange a better 'early warning system' (at least a louder more persistent one). By now everyone involved knows what happened and understands. Time to let it go and not beat yourself up for it. Actually, the truly, truly worst part is that you missed out on something that you really enjoy doing. It's all okay now though, as in it's over with and it's all right. All that's really left is for you to try and forgive yourself.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: pretty disappointed in myself
Agreeing with everyone who wrote back.

mosaic, please go easy on yourself/ves.

MDs
06-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Website Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
I just wanted to suggest: I needed a few loud ringtones but couldn't afford to purchase any. I got some free from PhoneZoo.com. I got a loud office phone, the "Dixie Horn" (which will give you a heart attack sometimes) as well as others. My cell was just too low without using these. They have a bunch of different ones to choose from as well.

<3
Jamie of Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
06-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
thanks everyone. i'm working on going easy on myself ... never as easy as it sounds.

we have a "play date" set for this next Friday where we will go to the community swimming pool. i'm looking forward to that.
06-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: pretty disappointed in myself
(06-09-2013, 08:09 AM)mosaic Wrote: we have a "play date" set for this next Friday where we will go to the community swimming pool. i'm looking forward to that.

Cool! I wish we could go but our body does not swim.

Joseph M. Splash Smile
06-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Website Find Reply