i would like to ask a favor if its ok
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
i would like to ask a favor if its ok
I hope this is ok to ask here my dad has been without a phone or internet for more than a week now. I made a blog explaining the whole story. The favor I would like to ask is just that people read it and post a bit about it with the link in facebook or other social nextworks they may be in thanks
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
06-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
RE: i would like to ask a favor if its ok
just to let everyone know I have added contact info to the blog in case someone can help directly
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
06-06-2013, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: i would like to ask a favor if its ok
Hi dreamers,

We don't do social networks, so we'll answer here. We were without a phone during our senior year of college, which was 30 years ago. We lived in an apartment complex with a roommate who (supposedly) couldn't afford a phone. So we used a pay phone in the complex parking lot.

Looking back, we don't know how we did it. We appreciate your concerns about your father, and we hope you and he find a solution.

MDs
06-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(06-06-2013, 05:11 PM)dreamers Wrote: just to let everyone know I have added contact info to the blog in case someone can help directly

BT has quite incompetent customer service, which can be difficult to deal with. any chance he could borrow as pay-as-you-go mobile till this is resolved? they can be cheaper than landlines if he uses an old handset.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-09-2013, 06:01 AM
Find Reply
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
Most seniors can get a free phone with limited minutes from health and human services. For a small fee, you can add unlimited minutes and text. IDK about data service.
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
06-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I was sure I responded to this but cannot find myself - no pun intended though very true most of the time. I just agreed with finlyalive. You may need some help proving that you qualify for a phone but someone must be out there who can help with the process.. Sorry but I could not find the blog.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-16-2013, 01:48 AM
Find Reply