missing parts
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
May trigger  missing parts
Some of my son's parts, that I have spent a long time with, have not come out in quite a while. While no integration has occurred things internally have gotten "messed up" and parts are no longer in his pleasant internal world. The parts that do come out state that they themselves when inside are in a box (the way they were when first created). They are now searching to find the others and fix their internal world.
I feel helpless. It feels like my child got lost and I am desperate to locate him. Where are they? Are they hurt or scared? I miss them and hope they can be found.
I don't know what happened to cause this. This is so drastic a change and not a change for the better. I suspect red dot issues.
Has anyone here ever experienced anything like this? Did your parts return?
This may be the result of red dot stuff so you can respond on the Hard Hat Zone.
Is there anything I can do to assist their return?
Thanks for your help and support.
05-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: missing parts
Reilly: when I first read this post I drew a blank, but as is typical for me I let things percolate and see what develops. I don't know exactly what is happening with your son, but I am able to share similar own experiences which I hope may help a little bit.

When he describes his parts as being "in a box" I equate this with a species of compartmentalization which I have often experienced in the past with my alters. For whatever reason, they have become and still do become highly compartmentalized. I have never really been able to discern a specific triggering event either internal or external that makes this happen. Part of the compartmentalization process results in that part of me being locked away, sometimes for a long period of time. It is as if my alter is trying to either "rest" for a while, or that it simply is a peculiar form of hibernation. Again, I don't know why this happens. I do not know if it is a positive, negative, or neutral event. I only know that I have experienced it.

I am sorry I cannot be more analytical, specific, or helpful, but this is thrpe extent of my experience (and memory of the experience) with this phenomenon. I also found it quite distressing that no one has yet responded to your post. I hope that more people will step forward and offer their experiences on this issue because I do not believe that it is a rarity. Igraine.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 06-01-2013, 03:47 AM by Cammy.)
06-01-2013, 03:43 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Feedback  RE: missing parts
Thanks Igraine for your help.
I am concerned that his parts, who freely came out, are somehow lost in his system. I am hoping they find their way back. They worked great as a team, were cooperative and knew who was out. Now the part out has no clue and loses time. He is filled with anxiety and could use the others help.
Hoping things get better soon.
Thanks again!
06-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Find Reply
finlyalive Offline

Threads: 6
RE: missing parts
This sounds sort of familiar to us. It is so difficult to explain what it is like inside, but sometimes it just isn't safe for some to come out. It isn't necessarily because of something bad; it just isn't the right time or place or whatever. My only visual explanation is that it is like a long corridor with doors on either side, similar to a large motel. One has to have the correct pass key to get in, or the one inside must choose to come out. That may not be very helpful.
Fin

Only as high as I reach, can I grow.
Only as far as I seek, can I go.
Only as deep as I look, can I see.
Only as much as I dream, can I be.
--Karen Ravn
06-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Between parts cew 4 3,459 04-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Blue