Messages In This Thread
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea - Elizabethn - 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea
Oh yes, I've felt the world crashing around me many times. I hear that.

Is it because of where you live that you don't have other therapist options?

Are you getting any significant benefit from seeing her? Is continuing in this relationship truly better than not being in formal therapy at this time? How would you evaluate this from where you're sitting?

There's no rule that says you can't set your OWN boundaries, for that matter. Could you talk about what you want her to do with your emails, for example, and negotiate a minimum level of action that is acceptable to you?

I used to email my t regularly with stuff I was afraid would not get said in session, and he'd print out the emails and keep them in my file to address in session. If I felt I needed a response sooner than that, I'd say so in the subject line or first line of the email. His response, we agreed in advance, would be brief and would be designed to help tide us over till next session. Often just him responding that he'd read it and heard my distress was enough to ground me.

Did she ask you about the computers? If she set that precedent *shudder*, you could set a boundary by refusing if she asks for help again, and then tell her that you consider it a boundary and ethical violation, if you're so inclined.
06-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scared, Skeptical, and have no idea - Elizabethn - 06-29-2013, 11:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting journalling idea The People 2 2,428 01-08-2015, 01:43 AM
Last Post: orek