Just six pills
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Scared  Just six pills
I'm scared. I have a D appointment on Thursday. My meds are going to run out AGAIN before then. So I got the drugstore to fax a request for just six pills to get us through to Thursday so I don't have to go through the whole anxiety/panic terror attack again. Only...now I'm too scared to phone the drugstore to see if the order was approved. I mean, really scared. If I phone and find out that the prescription isn't there, I'm going to freak out. I keep thinking maybe it's better to have a couple more okay days before I find out I've been left in the ditch at the side of the road again. If the meds aren't there that's only two days of suffering. If I find out now, I'll start freaking out now. At the very latest I'll have to call by Wednesday morning because that's when there will be nothing left. So tired of this. On Thursday I hope to get this sorted out in person once and for all. Wrote it all out for the D so nothing gets missed. If I'm too messed up to talk, at least my written notes are already made up and were done while I was still okay. I wish sometimes that I wasn't such a coward, but the memory of what I just went through is still really raw and fresh, and I can't think straight about this yet. Just six little pills. Nothing to them, everything to me.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 11:47 PM by Cammy.)
04-15-2013, 11:44 PM
Find Reply
dragonfairy Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Just six pills
For those in this world who don't suffer from any form of mental illness let alone one like ours 6 little pills as you said isn't anything to them. But for someone like us 6 little pills can mean the difference between life and death at times. We can understand the fear you are going through as we go through it daily and look at our bottles every day just to check the refill date just to know we are going to have enough so that we don't run out. We panic as the days count down closer to the refill date hoping that we will have enough. Even just tonight we are staying at a cousins house who also has mental health issue and she ran out of meds so we went to pick them up only to find out that her medicaid wasn't re-approved like it was supposed to be so she couldn't get her medications tonight unless she paid $300 that she did not have. Panic attack city for her which in turn of course set mine off as well as I know how she feels. So for the "normal" people in the world simple little things like that may not seem like such a big deal but to people like us it is the worst fear in the world. And after what you just went through we can't blame you for being scared. Please keep us updated on what happens as we will be worried now as well for you. Thinking good thoughts and sending positive thoughts and feelings your way!!

(04-15-2013, 11:44 PM)Igraine Wrote: I'm scared. I have a D appointment on Thursday. My meds are going to run out AGAIN before then. So I got the drugstore to fax a request for just six pills to get us through to Thursday so I don't have to go through the whole anxiety/panic terror attack again. Only...now I'm too scared to phone the drugstore to see if the order was approved. I mean, really scared. If I phone and find out that the prescription isn't there, I'm going to freak out. I keep thinking maybe it's better to have a couple more okay days before I find out I've been left in the ditch at the side of the road again. If the meds aren't there that's only two days of suffering. If I find out now, I'll start freaking out now. At the very latest I'll have to call by Wednesday morning because that's when there will be nothing left. So tired of this. On Thursday I hope to get this sorted out in person once and for all. Wrote it all out for the D so nothing gets missed. If I'm too messed up to talk, at least my written notes are already made up and were done while I was still okay. I wish sometimes that I wasn't such a coward, but the memory of what I just went through is still really raw and fresh, and I can't think straight about this yet. Just six little pills. Nothing to them, everything to me.
Runs with scissors.....Bwahahahahahahah
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Well it looks like my new clinic is finally getting with the program and starting to understand the severity of my problem. The drugstore just called to let me know that my six little pills are there waiting to be picked up. I am thrilled that they are finally getting it right. Phew! What a massive relief. Now I just have to get through my D appointment on Thursday and make her understand my needs. It feels like things are coming together a bit and that Im starting to get these people properly trained.

DF: Thank you for your words of concern and support. I feel terrible about your cousin and hope that she gets her situation sorted out asap. It seems these things always happen because of red tape clerical errors and oversights. It's infuriating, because like you said, it means everything to us who suffer to have our proper meds on hand.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 02:11 PM by Cammy.)
04-16-2013, 02:06 PM
Find Reply
jamdjohnson Offline

Threads: 2
I'm glad they had them for you. I've gone through the same scenario so many times!!! My medication is really expensive and I'm on a higher than recommended dose so my insurance wont cover the cost of it. I tell people that "People who say money doesn't buy happiness have never had to buy antidepressants." lol. But seriously, I have been scared to pick up my medication for the past several weeks cuz of how expensive it is. So I've been lowering my dose to stretch it as far as I could which was not a good thing to do. So I finally went to the pharmacy to get it and they finally have the generic now. (It has taken forever for the generic to be available here). So it only cost 25$ and I was expecting it to be like over $200. All that worrying and stressing when I didn't need to. I felt like giving the pharamist a big hug and pretty much started crying.
04-16-2013, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Jamd: I'm so sorry you had to go through all that anxiety to reach this resolution. Stretching the meds meant just being on the verge of okay, but not quite reaching it. I've had to do that as well from time to time, and it just doesn't cut it. I'm so glad that there's a generic out for you finally. You must feel SO relieved, and I'm happy for you in that. Tears of relief so hard earned are sweet things to grace our cheeks. I'm so glad for you!
Heart
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 10:49 PM by Cammy.)
04-16-2013, 10:46 PM
Find Reply