From the mouths of experts?
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
From the mouths of experts?
On my online CBT course I had to request them to reset two worksheets because I messed them up while I was having my panic attacks when my meds ran out. I courteously explained the situation to them so that they would understand it wasn't their fault, but the fault of my temporary illness. I just asked for my worksheets to be reset. Then I get this email from them today. They start going on about how they are not there to administer medical care, and if I think Im a danger to others or myself I should go to the ER immediately. What? I asked for worksheets to be reset and they turn around and treat me like I'm a major freak out head case that's about to either implode or explode. I read my note a dozen times...no way can you get any of that out of what I wrote. I wrote back. Told them that it was now abundantly clear the manner in which they saw me (major head freak). Told them I never expected anything from them but course delivery. Told them diplomatically how peeved and hurt I was. These are the experts who teach people not to fall into the trap of 'mind reading'. I don't know what else can explain what they did there. I haven't had much good luck with this course at all. A lot of what I write gets misinterpreted and misunderstood or blown out of proportion. I'd say on the whole, for me, it's done more damage than good. The more frank and open Ive been with them, the more they've attacked my ideas and feelings. Not what I needed. I'm not sure they really know what they're doing. People on their forum crying out in distress are left without responses. Ask for a worksheet reset and they want you to go to the ER. No sense.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: From the mouths of experts?
doesn't sound like a very good course. either that or maybe to cut costs the people running it are very inexperienced and unsure of themselves. happens sometimes Undecided.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Yep...I'm just going to file this whole experience in the big round file and not give it another thought. Whatever their problem is, they need to literally get with the program and start sailing their ship straight and on course. Me, I've wisely opted to grab a lifeboat and get off the cruise from *ell before things get worse. Mind you, I had only one week left, but I think I've seen enough to judge the quality of service. I'd say that giving them seven weeks was pretty fair on my part. Time to say bye-bye to all those Stinky-Bo-Bo Poo-Poo people that none of us need or want in our lives. So, SWOOOSH-gurgle-gurgle-gurgle...they're circling the big white porcelain telephone bowl as we speak. Oo...that felt sooo good.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-10-2013, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
jamdjohnson Offline

Threads: 2
I'm sorry they treated you in that way. Especially in a CBT class where its all about thinking errors. They need to read their own book it sounds like.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 01:56 PM by jamdjohnson.)
04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Well, I did get them to apologize and to state that they were wrong saying what they said to me, so that's something. Apology accepted. But trust? Never again.[/i]
Heart
04-12-2013, 06:03 PM
Find Reply