Considering a break from T
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
News/Information  Considering a break from T
Since my T is leaving this might be a good time to take a break. I have been working at it for over 25 years with just a few short breaks here and there. While money and difficulty with change is an issue I have a pdoc for support although DID is not her issue. We have a good rapport.

When I sprained my shoulder skiing years ago I wore a sling for a bit. Then I was to leave it off for a while and then completely off. I view therapy like that. I will always be a worrier. I will always be hypervigilant and struggle with physical health issues. However, without work stress life is so much better now. I sense that someone is getting ready... but we do so much work on our own and always have that perhaps we can do this. We know that we may have to go back occasionally to address something new that has come up but how will I know that I can do this on my own (well not completely but a big step) if I don't try?

"Run Forrest Run!" Until someone told Forrest to run he still relied heavily on his crutches and braces. When he ran for the first time he learned that his legs were strong without them.

Life is like a box of chocolates.Idea
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2013, 04:58 PM by The People.)
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Considering a break from T
Anything that has the possibility of making you stronger is always worth a try. Like you said, there's still the pdoc as a safety net. Good for you for trying, even if it's for a little while.

By the way...why IS life like a box of chocolates? Is it because someone always eats the best ones before you get to? Or is it because there aren't very many 'best' ones to begin with? I really want to know.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-09-2013, 09:51 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
it's like a box of chocolates b/c you never know what you'll get till you try it ...Smile

thinking it's good to challenge yourselves b/c you can always go back to T later..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 12:59 PM by nats.)
04-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Confused Okay nats...thanks...now I get it. Duh on me, but I really didn't know.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(04-10-2013, 07:15 PM)Igraine Wrote: Confused Okay nats...thanks...now I get it. Duh on me, but I really didn't know.

not at all, just bc we answer doesn't mean we know Blush

it's like a box of chocolates bc:
... if you push through the hard parts (exterior coating) you might find something lovely on the other side.

... if you grab everything at once you'll get sick.

... almost everyone can find something they like.

...etc.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad therapy break Reilly 5 5,059 08-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Elizabethn