Does anyone else choose to wear black?
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: Does anyone else choose to wear black?
Yes, I too still come across things with price tags still intact that "I" didn't buy. My uncle is usually the lucky recipient of these bits. Doesn't happen as often as it used to, but I kept finding new men's clothes in my things in colors and styles I couldn't stand. I've never been able to find who buys them.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
05-07-2013, 09:12 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Ah yes, the joys of multiple wardrobes! :-) I used to have a lot more of this going on than I do now--and you'd expect improvement after twenty years of therapy.... Now I have my "student uniform" (mostly jeans and t shirts) and my "look like a grownup" stuff of professional attire, with pretty good agreement on styles.
05-17-2013, 08:52 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: Does anyone else choose to wear black?
(05-17-2013, 08:52 AM)Elizabethn Wrote: Ah yes, the joys of multiple wardrobes! :-) I used to have a lot more of this going on than I do now--and you'd expect improvement after twenty years of therapy.... Now I have my "student uniform" (mostly jeans and t shirts) and my "look like a grownup" stuff of professional attire, with pretty good agreement on styles.

We rarely have the proverbial "how did this get in our closet" thing going on. But just the other day we were going through some piles of clothes in our bedroom (piles of stuff we've "recently" laundered or bought) and found a pair of cocoa-colored ski pants that we bought, probably sometime last year. We do remember buying it, mainly because for quite some time it was something we'd wanted to add to our supply of ski pants. Guess we should actually wear them sometime. Tongue

MDs
05-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Website Find Reply
The Warren Offline
Configurator of Things

Threads: 95
(04-23-2013, 05:58 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hm. In all the years we've known you, we've never noticed this.

Maybe you left the purple stuff at home when folks met in 3d? Tongue

MDs

The purple dressers aren't so much front at 3d meetings. It is mostly me and an assortment of kids, and my preferred dress is jeans and t-shirts. I hate shopping for clothes, and I certainly never shop for our work clothes, and that's where we accumulate all the purple. So yup - I leave it at home when we meet in 3d. Those are all work tops, and they are totally not my style.

I dunno about BPD and black. I've never read that. I don't think dressing in black and any significant sign of anything screwy like that. I've run into a lot of BPD folks, and I can't think of any who were black dressers.

We do have a teen girl in here who dresses only in black and who used to front a lot. She says it just feels right, and dressing in another color doesn't. She likes how black looks and she feel comfortable in it. I would describe her as quiet and kinda emo-ish.

Lea
"And I'm a million different people from one day to the next." - The Verve, Bittersweet Symphony
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2013, 04:57 PM by The Warren.)
05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: Does anyone else choose to wear black?
Lea,

Thanks for the explanation. What we wear to the 3Ds is pretty much what we wear at home. Our work clothes are pretty much a consensus with the bigs, even though it should be completely their decision....well, that's a whole 'nother thread.

Laura and others
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Ha! Maybe we need to have another 3d meeting and ask folks to wear/bring representative clothing? (Maybe in addition to the goodies and toys and stuff?)
05-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Agree  RE: Does anyone else choose to wear black?
A 3d meeting would be great. It's been ages. We'd probably dress as we usually do, though.

MDs
05-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Website Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Huh? Yankees apparel? *me faints in shock*

Seriously, I'll start a new thread :-). Our "new" (sheesh, almost 4 years) pastor is on board and happy to provide hosting space.
05-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Find Reply