Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Other/All/Unsure   Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
We're still having trouble sorting through the chaos that's been plaguing our system for the last three years or so. We've made some progress, but it's painfully slow, and the emotions are so raw that this leaves us drained and barely able to get through the day.

We noticed that it's been about two weeks since we've posted here. This is unlike us; we've been used to making MM a part of our daily life for the past 16 years. But we get so physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted trying to get through each day that we have no energy to do much of anything beyond go to work, go to T, and do the minimum necessary to keep one foot ahead of the other.

We need to get back on track. But it's easier said than done.

MDs
03-04-2013, 04:17 PM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
be gentle with yourselves.
03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hi MDs, over the years we've known you guys we think you're amazing. you accomplish a huge amount and don't always give yourselves credit. as mosaic said, be gentle with yourselves. you'll get there.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Thanks, both of you. We know that things will eventually get better. But just because we know that there's a way out of the sewer doesn't mean all the sh*t doesn't stink while we're in there.

It would help if we were less negative. But we're very discouraged.

Laura and others
03-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Other/All/Unsure   RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Indeed, it is easier said than done.
We are all engaged in quests for understanding, and acquiring the means to affect constructive changes for a genuine life, according to what we are. There are individual needs as regards time frame(s), which I feel you recognize. Societal/governmental dysfunctionality (for which I have strong words not to be spoken here) is not conducive to personal development.

I would suggest, figuratively, that you remember your water wings for swimming thru this. Choose the most cheery and colorful pair, and take time to smile at them and at yourselves.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
03-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
Sending you bunches of flowers to help you remember the happy they still exists even when you can't see it.

<3
Jamie of Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Thanks again, tweeter and Jamie.

We're hanging in, and we're working hard in T.

MDs
03-17-2013, 09:15 PM
Website Find Reply
jamdjohnson Offline

Threads: 2
sometimes progress seems slow. I think tweeter and Jamie are right. Important to be gentle with yourself and reward yourself for the victory everyday you are making of continuing to never give up. Always keep trying. I like the moments when I realize just how far I have come and know despite the slow times- it is worth it.
04-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Hey MD. Sorry for all that's happening to you right now. I agree with everyone who has suggested just being gentle and compassionate with yourself, and not expecting any more than you can manage right now. Just keep doing only what's needed to get through the day since that in itself is a huge mountain that you have to climb every day after you get out of bed. Take every second of down time you can find and don't feel a bit guilty about it...it's important that you take care of you. Every chance to nap, spend extra time in bed, lie on the sofa...grab it and use it. Treat yourself like you have the flu...you know the drill. Rest, rest, rest, as little that needs to be done as possible, keep feeding yourself one way or another...just take really good care. Hope you feel better soon.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
04-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Hi again all, and thanks.

Making some progress in T. Feeling an increased level of trust there, but trust is scary, because we don't want to risk (1) having that trust abused or (2) making poor judgments based on having achieved that trust. But we're making just enough progress, barely detectable, to keep moving.

MDs
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM by MakersDozn.)
04-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
(04-12-2013, 06:25 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Hi again all, and thanks.

Making some progress in T. Feeling an increased level of trust there, but trust is scary, because we don't want to risk (1) having that trust abused or (2) making poor judgments based on having achieved that trust. But we're making just enough progress, barely detectable, to keep moving.

MDs

Very well said! Broken down into (1) and (2). I sincerely mean the compliment. Underlying sarcasm due to recent experience, encompassing both categories, with medical professionals (or sh*t heads), whichever nomenclature feels right. I'm still in one piece after about 4 weeks of the nonsense.. I'll discuss in another thread.

I'm impressed by your description: "just enough progress, barely detectable, to keep moving." It was like a ray of sunshine.

I've been working very hard, first following the bread crumbs back to what I was as a sweet and spunky very little girl. Then, development thru adversity encountered, to an almost too late re-centering of location in time of self (back to my natural self), and how I was jarred back and forth before settling. Unfortunately, I let someone in on this who didn't understand me, and didn't care to. Each movement back and forth within led to further dislodging of a disruptive negative introject. It was a rocky road. The learning process as to what to do defensively without it had seemed interminably stuck.

I'm in go forward, now obviously, because of the latest challenge. Sometimes you don't know when a major building block has been properly placed until you need to install supporting beams, windows, a roof, flowers.
These times are deserving of the cynical, of poor expectations. But, the unexpected relief of feeling good in self even though a lot in life is lousy, makes the effort worth it.

In very small steps, I am doing much better according to what is normal for me, not what someone else wants me to be. The war, that one at least, is over. The fact that I don't fit in with current society is okay, because modern times are truly insane and I'm not. I haven't changed my opinions of people, though they have more dimensions. But, in some ways I've changed how I act. Less edgy, though I can still tell someone off, it's different. It's very straightforward, but I don't have words for it yet and I don't know whether I will. Doesn't matter. Ongoing.

I know our situations are not identical. I wish to offer encouragement because progress in such things shows itself somewhat differently, at least for me. I'm deeply happy with what I've accomplished. This is not euphoria. It's self-acceptance, flaws and all, and wanting to improve according to what I need to do to grow into what I should have been to the extent I can in my time.

I would strongly suggest that you drop the "negative" concept. FM's boyfriend, and then fm, were fond of calling me negative because I would not comply. There are plenty of other examples. I don't know why this happened to me and I can't afford the time to play with it. I can work on correcting the derailing. It's very easy to turn projected negativity on the self, which can increase whatever characteristics are being referred to.
There's a heck of a difference between being negative and needing to defend self (but not being sure how to do this without acting in a way that is interpreted as negative), and really finding fault with everything. The problem, or part of it for me, was that I was raised by someone whose view of me was negative, not because I was. You don't have to replace the word with another. I mean, I didn't. Just drop it.

I'm proud of you all,
tweeter
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 02:56 PM by tweeter.)
04-13-2013, 02:20 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

(04-13-2013, 02:20 PM)tweeter Wrote: ...The problem, or part of it for me, was that I was raised by someone whose view of me was negative, not because I was..

feels like there's something important for us that i'm not quite grasping but is there in your post. hope it becomes clearer to me, but even if not, the sentence above hits home clearly. thanks!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-13-2013, 04:38 PM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

May trigger  RE: Still Feeling Chaotic Inside
Hi nats,
My last paragraph was a pip, starting with "There's a heck of a difference..." That's what happens when the words are not quite there yet. I'm also problem solving at the same time on something different. Thank you for bringing the lack of clarity to my attention. There might still be a lot lost in translation from levels of consciousness, but I gave it another try, including what is not in my experience. See if this is any clearer.

There's a heck of a difference between refusing the influence of another person (who views you as negative because of that refusal), and seeming to really find fault with everything in life, without that specific interaction occurring.
With an adversarial relationship, there's a need to defend, often when not being sure how to do this without acting in a way that you were told is negative thinking that cannot be justified. My experience with a perfectionist parent can be included in this category. Whatever is not in agreement, is deemed negative, and negative = st*p*d.
Thing is, that being pushed into a defensive position over time can yield a more negative person, even in the individual's self image. A person's "No" becomes a survival mechanism (preservation of sense of self), which can continue as a maladaptive reflex. (This is oversimplified.)
On a more serious note, I'm wondering if a child might maintain negative verbal and nonverbal feelings towards more than one situation, and they get lumped together for the sake of trying to be safe.

tweeter
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2013, 06:11 PM by tweeter.)
04-13-2013, 06:03 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

thanks for taking the effort to clarify this tweeter. this describes my feelings towards father - not that he was a perfectionist, certainly not with himself, but the aspect of never being enough, either right enough or good enough, was there. the adversarial relationship along with the attitude that it was my fault was always there, just didn't put my finger on a major reason why the way you have.
04-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Glad to make that effort. In this certainly not the best of all possible worlds, times when there is mutual cooperation and discussion without one-up-man-ship (and all that involves), are a relief. I have appreciated your input to other members as well, lots of times.
Good work, everyone,
tweeter
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2013, 11:51 AM by tweeter.)
04-14-2013, 11:50 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules/agreement inside TigerLilly 8 6,188 08-13-2015, 07:32 AM
Last Post: nats