How to know when to go to hospital
Melody Offline

Threads: 6
How to know when to go to hospital
I HATE hospitals!!! But Our system is big f@cking mess. The gatekeeper is exhausted, and stressed beyond words. Kids are getting horribly triggered, I'm seeing lots of other people's flashbacks, I'm seeing shadows and visions constantly. Worse off two people want to hurt the body. We've dealt with stuffier this before but that was when the gatekeeper wasn't so tired. Alonzo (the gatekeeper) thinks we should go but I'm kind of fighting him because I don't want to go!
01-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
RE: How to know when to go to hospital
Melody, if you cannot GUARANTEE your own safety, it's time to go get some help with that. If the hospital is the only option for doing so, then that's where you need to go.

Personally, the threat of a hospital stay has kept my system from doing dangerous things in the past. It would be the end of the world for me to have to go to the hospital and we have widespread system agreement on that. I have always had access to my therapist and have cultivated a support network specifically for help in staying safe. If you don't have those things and you're getting into a zone where the urge to hurt is getting bigger than the hate of the hospital, guess what's more important? SAFETY.

The admins are going to want you to make a commitment to staying safe if you want your post to remain on the board. Will making that commitment here be enough to keep your system safe?
01-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
(01-19-2013, 06:59 PM)Melody Wrote: I HATE hospitals!!! But Our system is big f@cking mess. The gatekeeper is exhausted, and stressed beyond words. Kids are getting horribly triggered, I'm seeing lots of other people's flashbacks, I'm seeing shadows and visions constantly. Worse off two people want to hurt the body. We've dealt with stuffier this before but that was when the gatekeeper wasn't so tired. Alonzo (the gatekeeper) thinks we should go but I'm kind of fighting him because I don't want to go!

Hi Melody. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time right now. I can certainly understand these feelings you are having.
On that note....I know you are new here so this is gentle reminder, when posting thoughts of self injury, it is very important that you also post that you are safe. Please refer to our community standards that is listed in the help tab at the top of this page.
or follow this link. http://www.mosaicminds.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=281
I hope things ease up for you and you are able to get the help that you need to remain safe.
Tangled Web.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
01-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
Melody Offline

Threads: 6
Yeah yeah I'm safe never said I wouldn't be. Iwas just expressing my feelings. I did go to the hospital and I am better. However I don't see how my post broke any rules. Anyway out!
02-05-2013, 04:46 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
Friendship/Support  RE: How to know when to go to hospital
hi Melody,
glad to hear you're back safe from H. sounds like it was a good decision? hope it went well.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
Hi Melody. We encourage people to express their feelings here, but on that note it is also important to let the members know they are just thoughts, or feelings and you have no intent on acting on them. So usually people say.....I am safe, or just talking but have no plans, or something to that effect. I am glad you were able to take care of yourselves and that you are back.
Tangled Web
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Find Reply