Frustrating feeling
Emma19 Offline

Threads: 3
May trigger  Frustrating feeling
Hi,
I am Emma 19 and new here after a long time. Trying to figure out the new forums and which one to choose for this topic.
Anyway,one of things that urged us to come back was that we were being triggered by an illness we were diagnosed with recently. we had been having many symptoms but for many reasons we attributed them to the hard work I do in my job and getting a little older. Finally I had to drag myself to the doctor and they drew the right test and it showed I have Lyme Disease. I was given the right treatment and feel like I am on the mend thankfully. The symptoms that got me the most was the severe fatigue and brain fog. Like we need anymore brain fog..... Finally the past couple days I feel more like myself with some lingering symptoms that I hope will go away to and not return. I apparently have had this a long time and sometimes the first round treatment does not fix it all.
The reason I bring this here was the huge scary feeling of being out of control. I do not like when I feel out of control.i couldn't do the things I wanted or needed to do. This was triggering to the past feelings of being out of control.i was feeling powerless and crying a lot. My therapist was very helpful as always and reminded me that I was doing things to help myself by seeking treatment. But it was frustrating and scary to feel those past feelings . I do not do well with problems of the body.or treatments to fix those problems. So I am hoping this is over, but I still have doubts. I guess our past for us gets easier to deal with but doesn't really leave us. i accept that but it angers me. just want to live my life. thanks for listening. Emma19
10-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Frustrating feeling
yeah, when we have body ailments it can get things so confused in all other areas. hope you continue to be on the mend.
10-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
Emma19 Offline

Feedback  RE: Frustrating feeling
Thanks mosaic,
Things did get very confusing. I had to make a conscious effort to see the differences between the then and now. I also became very silent with my symptoms. This was a historical defense mechanism that in this case did not help. Once I started to feel awake again we found the power to see more clearly and try to take care of our selves. Thankfully I am on vacation and am able to heal both physically and emotionally. When I go back to work on Wednesday I think it will feel doable. I am grateful for that. Take care, emma19
10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
I'm new/Introduction  RE: Frustrating feeling
Hi, Emma. Welcome back. We're getting used to the new forum, too!

We were diagnosed with Lyme Disease once, but when the doctor sent us to the CDC, the doctor there decided it was Fibromyalgia instead. I can relate to the brain fog and fatigue, so it makes me wonder if the initial Lyme test was actually right! I'll be curious as to whether your symptoms stop with treatment and abate permanently. Please keep us informed! Perhaps I'll have to revisit the diagnosis I was given. The symptoms still plague me. Of course, the Lyme can trigger the other, so perhaps both were true.

Thanks for sharing this. Take care.--orek
10-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Find Reply
Emma19 Offline

Caution  RE: Frustrating feeling
Hi orek,
Thank you for the welcome. It is nice to be back. I did want to say something about your Lyme diagnosis. You may have fibromyalgia as well,but if you had a Lyme test that showed positive that you should not ignore that even though a doctor suggested you not treat it. A round of antibiotics may help your symptoms . If I was tested positive ( and I was), I would not want it go untreated.i was on a month of doxycycline and the fatigue is gone. And a lot of the pain is gone as well. Initially the symptoms raged back as my body started to work with the meds but now I feel a lot better. I am hoping as I said that it stays that way as I had had the disease a long time . We could talk more about it if you like. And I will keep you updated on my progress. Take care, emma19
10-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Other/All/Unsure   RE: Frustrating feeling
Hi, Emma--I appreciate that, and I guess I did go on antibiotics for a long time (so my partner tells me, and I think I do recall being on some now that she says it). So I guess I could have had it, but it triggered the onset of the Fibro. And there are no meds for that. I hope you find the symptoms gone for good!
10-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Find Reply
Emma19 Offline

Feedback  RE: Frustrating feeling
Hi orek
Speaking of "frustrating feelings". I image having fibro is a very frustrating thing to have. I am sorry you are living with that. Since you have that I am sure you have researched it in search of some help for it.i know there is no quick fix for that but there are some things that can help sometimes. In my profession i have spoken to many with fibro. And every body's body is different ....... But some have had success with some meds and other modes of treatment for some symptoms. I am sure this is old news for you ,but i felt like i wanted to say something in response because of what I have seen.(I guess we should prolly be talking in that other forum about health issues but here we are.....).
..... Like Lyme disease ,some doctors are not really responsive to pt' s with either diagnosis. I guess that is where the frustrating feeling in this posts comes from.
This post comes from a place of compassion. Take care Emma 19
10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Just talking  RE: Frustrating feeling
Thanks for the kind thoughts and feedback, emma. I've been without a laptop for a bit since my old Acer finally gave up the ghost, so I just read this today. I have a gut aversion to meds and rarely take anything if I can help it, so I have not tried that remedy. I have noticed that acupuncture helps with the foggy, jelly-muscled fatigue part of the fibro, and probably the pain a bit, too. I'm also a runner and figure that probably helps some.

Cheers.
10-28-2012, 12:04 AM
Find Reply