this may be a stupid question
elizabeth Offline

Threads: 1
this may be a stupid question
I was wondering how safe a community this board is. Are threads fed into google? I want to keep this area of my life private and am afraid to write much until i know I am safe.
09-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
RE: this may be a stupid question
IDK the answer but wanted to say I don't think it's a stupid quest at all. Thank you for asking it cause now I wanna know too.

Not sure you know this but it's a good idea to Google search your personal and User names as well as yous email daddy every so often. People are often unaware of what they are putting out into the virtual world by their posting stuff.

Looking forward to the answer to your very wise question.

<3
Jamie for Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
09-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: this may be a stupid question
Hi elizabeth and Jamie. Threads are not fed into google here. The whole site can be found on google if you type in Mosiac Minds and guests can see some of the boards without registrating. Some boards are kept private like things you post in IH and the kid boards, but all other boards are available to the public. There are some guidelines listed on internet safety and what you should not post, if you think that would be helpful reading.
People sign in here under assumed names and even if they didn't we would never really know......This site is available for people ALL over the world and it would be extremely difficult to figure out that you were the person they might think you are.
When I first questioned this as a new member, I had my reservations also, but after some thought, I choose to post what I post based on what I want the world to know and talk in gerenal terms. I guess for me the benefits out way the risks. I do know that we have discussed with the Admins and Mods alot and the reasoning behind letting others/public see some of the boards is to promote new members joining. Our old site was dying and we needed a way to rejuvinate it. There were other reasons that I just can't think of right now........But
I hope this helps.
Any other Mod or Admin want to jump in here and fill in anything I left out....please feel free!
Tangled Web
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Just talking  RE: this may be a stupid question
Hi elizabeth,

We're seconding what TW said--at first, we had reservations too. But consider the fact that (1) elizabeth is a common name, and that's really all about you that's visible. You can put as little as you want in your member profile. And there's no way that the public can determine where you are posting from--that information is not visible.

We've been at MM for over 15 years, and we've been able to keep our multi and mainstream personas very separate. It takes effort, but it can definitely be done.

We hope this helps to reassure you.

MDs
09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  They say there's no such thing as a stupid question... Five of Hearts 2 2,117 09-08-2019, 03:44 AM
Last Post: The People