started jogging...
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
started jogging...
started last week. aiming for 1mile a day till the ancles stop hurting then plan to increase. hate jogging. it requires effort. its boring.

but don't hate it nearly as much as spending money at a gym...

we can't seriously complain about free exercise can we..Undecided
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Happy  RE: started jogging...
(09-06-2012, 02:27 PM)nats Wrote: started last week. aiming for 1mile a day till the ancles stop hurting then plan to increase. hate jogging. it requires effort. its boring.

but don't hate it nearly as much as spending money at a gym...

we can't seriously complain about free exercise can we..Undecided

I'd love to be able to run. Running area of choice would be along the Charles River, and over the bridge to M.I.T., to Harvard Square, to a coffee house. Course, don't live in Boston anymore, and can't run, so....it's a no-brainer. You reminded me though. I'd really like to make time to walk that route when I go for a very short visit later this month.
tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012, 03:52 PM by tweeter.)
09-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Happy  RE: started jogging...
Hi Nats.
Good for you.
Now I need to take your inspiring news and begin my own exercise plan. Although relaxing on the couch with a cup of tea sounds quite nice (ha, ha).
Have fun.
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
RE: started jogging...
I love running, but even then it can be hard to motivate myself! How's it going? It's good to start slow. I've transitioned to barefoot running and have been taking months to start from zero and very slowly increase my mileage, the roughness of the running surface, etc., but it's been worth it. My form is better, and I love feeling the ground. It's revitalized my running experience. Of course, it helps that I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Smile
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Find Reply
Emma19 Offline

Threads: 3
RE: started jogging...
Hi Nats,
I am emma19. I use to come here a long time ago. I use to run a lot. Now I walk 4 times a week. This body won't let me run anymore but I really enjoy walking now. I have a safe place to walk now and allow myself to bring music with me and we don't get bored . We do some of our best thinking while walking. So Nats I just wanted to say hi and good luck with your running.one step at a time. Smile
10-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Find Reply