Messages In This Thread
Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-01-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Negative Introject dynamics
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
May trigger  RE: Negative Introject dynamics
(09-03-2012, 04:57 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: About something being corrupted at some point....Yes, we believe that our dear GM had a difficult life, but that's no excuse for making the choices that she made. Her younger sister was the polar opposite: upbeat, positive, knew how to let go of something when it no longer served a purpose.

Granted, we didn't know Aunt L. very well, but the difference between them was striking, and it only served to emphasize the point that past trauma is no excuse for later choices.

Rachel and others

Exactly! "...past trauma is no excuse for later choices."
But there are reasons specific to the person making those choices. Some have to do with character -- especially the interplay between character and the effects of trauma/ab*s*r(s).
Unfortunate scenarios are those in which there is significant identification with a current emotional ab*s*r (which I've seen happen in an adult monomind as a decision, followed by denial of the whole process), or, compliance with the demands of a negative introject such that the actions of an adult are compromised, with current circumstantial stress as a component. This stress can wear down defenses leading to loss of control to some degree.

There is another component which has to do with my area of study in martial arts, but is not owned by it. I couldn't discuss it here, and am incapable of doing so anyhow. I'm not trained to do these things, but have had them done to me, and unexpectedly became aware, which has made me quite the outcast. I'm not approving of how these abilities are often used.

I have just consciously made the connections noted in this thread and with this last influence, I'm over my head. On a broad basis, it gets into the concept and practice of Free Will, which must include conscious and unconscious control.

I must agree with you that one must take responsibility, or else all is lost for the self and for the totality of selves on this planet. Difficult practical and abstract choices, some of which can be trained to function on autopilot, but I know there's more. Haven't been able to get further than that yet.

tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-01-2012, 03:55 AM
RE: Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-03-2012, 11:48 AM
RE: Negative Introject dynamics - tweeter - 09-04-2012, 12:18 AM