Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here!
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Just talking  Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here!
Wow it's been a while! I'm just wrapping up a lovely and busy summer in Montana, where I've been enjoying nice dry heat instead of NJ misery. My sister had a knee replacement five weeks ago and I've been her caregiver and chauffeur to her rehab appointments.

It's been loads of fun except for the few days of worry about my sis when she had her surgery and was in the hospital. I've eaten lots of good beef and trout, seen many old friends and neighbors, enjoyed the wide open spaces and all that jazz.

Monday it's back to NJ, as the new school semester starts the 27th. I'll be finishing up my major requirements this semester, and will be at 95 credits when it's over. I've just about decided to add a second major, in religious studies/theology, since I'm over halfway there already with various electives. Gotta discuss that with my academic advisor though. I think it will mean I have to go an extra semester to get in all the hours.

In sad news, both Winston and Sterling have gone to Rainbow Bridge this summer *sniffle*. It will be very strange to return home to no dogs. Mr. EN wound up caring for both of them on his own in their final weeks and it was hard for him :-(. Winston was 13 or 14 and was diagnosed with bladder cancer last year. We got less warning with Sterling. She had a very aggressive mammary cancer and went down in just a couple of months. She was only 8 or so, much too young for this. *sigh*

The cats are happy, healthy and spoiled as always. I suspect they will have taken over my side of the bed by now and we'll have to negotiate sleeping space upon my return.
08-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here!
Montana summers sound awesome - haven't enjoyed the triple-digit heat and humidity of Texas much.

sorry about Winston and Sterling. losing four-legged family members is always rough.

good luck getting your sleeping space back.

and welcome back - your absence was felt.
08-15-2012, 08:08 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here!
hay en we glad 2 see yoo

we soree bowt winston n sterling

we not evr met sterling but we hav lota fun with winston

david hoos 5
08-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply
prideland Offline

Threads: 49
glad you haven't forgotten how to get here, we have been wondering around a little lost lately.
Hope you have a safe journey back.
prideland people
Let a little sunshine out as well as in,
to create your own rainbows.
08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Find Reply
Elizabethn Offline
Read Only

Threads: 13
Hey david hoos 5, when I was looking through my pictures for ones of Winston (I wanted to put a nice "RIP" pic of him on Facebook), I found pictures of our first 3d retreat all those years ago, with some great pictures of a very young Winston with various folks who were there. I think there might even have been one of him with you! (Or maybe it was Joseph; I have trouble telling you guys apart when the body is in the way...)

You would have liked Sterling a lot, too. When she came to us, she had been kept in a terrible puppy mill environment as a breeding animal, and she had no idea how to be a pet. But she learned and loved her new life, and her humans and cats and Winston, very much.
08-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: Howdy, haven't forgotten how to get here!
hay en i glad yoo got pikshurs

we noton facebook

yoo plees eeemayl pikshurs? 1 winston 1 sterling?

david hoos 5
08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Website Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Just talking I haven't checked in here for years skittles 8 5,082 11-13-2017, 12:18 AM
Last Post: The People
  Haven't given up The People 3 2,622 11-16-2014, 02:40 AM
Last Post: orek
Happy I haven't been here forever... CaraEtc 15 14,143 07-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Last Post: prideland