Messages In This Thread
RE: Having difficulty figuring this one out.... - mosaic - 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Having difficulty figuring this one out....
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Having difficulty figuring this one out....
hi TW,

it's an interesting distinction between victim and survivor. sometimes to us it seems to be a matter of semantics - and other times we feel the difference - that victim means something different from survivor.

out of curiosity, i looked up the definition of victim: one that is acted on and usually adversely affected by a force or agent

it doesn't say anything about a victim being necessarily weak or fragile.

i think over the years our understandable need to focus on the fact that we are survivors has done a disservice to the actual meaning of the concept that we were also victims of horribe circumstances. and the things that happened were not our fault. we are victims who survived.

this is probably just me - i feel like sometimes if too much of a difference is made between victim and survivor it implies that somehow the victim is to blame for what happened and a survivor is not. if that is true, it would be understandable why you might recoil at the thought that you were a victim.

i'm rambling... anyway, we are listening
08-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Having difficulty figuring this one out.... - mosaic - 08-14-2012, 08:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Just talking Difficulty Letting Go of Feelings, Memories MakersDozn 5 4,648 09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn
Caution Difficulty Talking About Things MakersDozn 7 6,361 12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Last Post: MakersDozn