ugh car died
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Sad  ugh car died
it was the car hubby used to look for work and get around while we are at work.

how is he supposed to look for work when he can't get anywhere - and how can we afford a car payment when he doesn't have a job.

feel almost sheepish posting this here - i know so many have much more serious stuff...

but it is scaring me a lot.
08-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: ugh car died
Having a car die isn't a trivial thing. We're sorry that this happened to your husband.

On August 1 our car's battery died in the parking lot of our T's office building. We had to call AAA at 8:45PM. The guy didn't get there for almost an hour. He got the battery started, and we got home safely. But it conked out again while parked in front of our house the following Saturday when we had to take our father to the doctor. So we had our mechanic send a guy out there and tow our car to the shop so that they could put a new battery in.

Hoping that you and your husband get your car situation worked out soon.

MDs
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: ugh car died
Sorry to hear about your car problems. For me car problems are one of the worst things..it sends me into a total panic, and my stress level goes through the roof! Hope it all works for you.
TW
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
Friendship/Support  RE: ugh car died
Hi, as someone who can't drive, I don't think of what you write as trivial. It's an important and expensive quality of life item. I understand the economics, cause years back if I could have afforded to buy and support a car, I would have made the effort.

Wish I could help,
tweeter
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Find Reply
Katz Krew Offline

Threads: 9
RE: ugh car died
Totally understand and have been in the situation of being "stuck" at home....either cause car died or because weather (snow/ice) was too bad to drive. It's not trivial at all. It's one thing when you decide "not going out today" and quite another when that decision is taken from you.

Sending hopes and positive vibes your way my friend.

<3
Jamie for Katz Krew
Heart
Jamie for Katz Krew

A Krew of many now blended as one.

Beauty is accepting yourself regardless of other people's acceptance of you.
~~Thich Nhat Hanh
08-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Ugh mosaic 8 4,146 05-05-2019, 01:13 PM
Last Post: nats
Doing okay Car died again The People 3 2,531 01-21-2018, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Silent Society
Other/All/Unsure Company Holiday Party. Ugh. MakersDozn 11 7,659 12-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Tangled Web