What are you doing today?
shades Offline

Threads: 8
Question  What are you doing today?
I am doing some puzzles like word puzzles and math puzzles in a book. mj does not got to work because it is a holiday here. There is no fireworks allowed here today so that is dumb because there was too many fires by here. It did not go by our house though but it went by our old house.

So I will like to hear what you are doing right now if you will like to say.

Okay Bye.
From Danny.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth. - Gandhi
07-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Doing okay  RE: What are you doing today?
[Image: fw03774l.jpg]

Hi from Joseph to Danny! And there are fireworks going on right now across town from our house. And we will open the blinds in the living room to look.

And this picture we have of fireworks is just one off the internet. Not one we took. So you and other people here can see them even if you don't have them for real.

And also to people in Canada happy Canada Day three days late.

Joseph
07-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Website Find Reply
shades Offline

RE: What are you doing today?
That is a good picture thank you I wish there was some here to look at. I am going to take my dog for a walk and see if there is some fireworks out there to see. I do not remember a 4th of July ever without no fireworks noise! So my old dog would be happy about that. Except for I will like to see some. Because if you do fireworks you got to pay $1000 and that is not kidding so there is not even no dumb people doing it! Also are those ones by your window good ones?

From Danny.
07-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Find Reply
shades Offline

Yay I found some! Which was way far away down town except I still got to see them in a field by my house where there was lots of other people because of they had the same idea as me so good job. Also I saw some on TV which I think is your ones you see out your window maybe! They are very good ones! So Happy 4th of July!!

From Danny.
07-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
all three of my 3D kids came with their kids (my grandkids)... and my sister and two of her kids and their kids came and we had a HUGE barbecue together. then we went swimming... then we went to the end of our street which is a cul-de-sac and watched the town fireworks from there.

it was a fun day
07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: What are you doing today?
Hi to Danny again. And we had to go real close to our window cuz the fireworks were in a different place and we could not see them as good as other times. But we saw some.

And the fireworks on TV were probably the New York City fireworks. Our bigger people work in New York City but we do not live there. We live about an hour away from there. In a regular town that is not a city. Which is a suburb.

Joseph
07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
hehe, we heard some fireworks here, which is quite funny if you think about it - someone celebrating American independence day in England! guess it was probably american expats but still funny. Smile
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Doing okay  RE: What are you doing today?
LOL, nats. Are there any summer holidays in the UK where fireworks (or similar revelry) are customary?

MDs
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
this was the view from our hotel room at niagara falls on Canada Day!

Attached Files
.docx   pic of nf.docx (Size: 345.35 KB / Downloads: 8)
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: What are you doing today?
(07-05-2012, 07:53 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: this was the view from our hotel room at niagara falls on Canada Day!

TW....we can't open docx or doc files. We don't have Office at home. Since it's a photo, can you save it as a JPG and re-attach it here in the thread?

MDs
07-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

(07-05-2012, 07:17 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: LOL, nats. Are there any summer holidays in the UK where fireworks (or similar revelry) are customary?

MDs

hi MDs, really any excuse for fireworks here - christmas, diwali, eid, new years, royal birthday, etc, etc. without checking, suspect the rules on fireworks are a bit laxer here than in most parts of the US.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
07-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

(07-06-2012, 03:52 AM)nats Wrote: hi MDs, really any excuse for fireworks here - christmas, diwali, eid, new years, royal birthday, etc, etc. without checking, suspect the rules on fireworks are a bit laxer here than in most parts of the US.

Probably. We've heard of all sorts of situations like Danny described--fines and such for unauthorized fireworks. They're all over the place, but we haven't actually seen any crackdowns against them. However, it didn't seem like there were as many being lit this year.

Fireworks at Christmas? Isn't that a bit chilly?

MDs
07-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

(07-05-2012, 07:53 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: this was the view from our hotel room at niagara falls on Canada Day!

Attached Files Image(s)

"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
07-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

And this is the state side falls......
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

(07-06-2012, 01:30 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: Fireworks at Christmas? Isn't that a bit chilly?

Its England - its normally cold and wet Smile! actually the biggest night for fireworks is Guy Faulks in November along with great bonfires, but the origins of that is all a bit triggerish.

TW - Love the Canada Day pic over the falls!
07-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Find Reply