Lunch with tweeter!
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Happy  Lunch with tweeter!
[Image: toon15.gif]

Hi from Joseph to everybody! And guess what! We had lunch with tweeter today! And so it is great that she is in New York again!

And it was fun!

And the only thing more fun than having lunch with tweeter is

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Joseph Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 05:33 PM by MakersDozn.)
06-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Website Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: Lunch with tweeter!
That is awesome! we are almost envious... would love to have lunch with some friends from here

glad you had a good lunch with yummy food!

Smile
06-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Lunch with tweeter!
Hi to mosaic! And maybe someday you can meet someone from MM cuz it is fun.

And hi to your littles!

Joseph Smile

PS! We did not eat what I put in the spoiler up there. What we did have was a tuna sandwich. Just so people do not think we had what I wrote. What I wrote was what I wish we had.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2012, 10:19 PM by MakersDozn.)
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

Threads: 24
(06-22-2012, 05:32 PM)MakersDozn Wrote:
[Image: toon15.gif]

Hi from Joseph to everybody! And guess what! We had lunch with tweeter today! And so it is great that she is in New York again!

And it was fun!

And the only thing more fun than having lunch with tweeter is

Hahahahaha!!!!!

Joseph Smile

Hi Joseph, and All MDs!
I was so happy to see you, and have a splendid lunch. Can't wait to go back to the place, as it is the best of its kind that I've visited.
Sorry I was late. It was a hard day, for a change, which was brightened by time with you.

For anyone else (Hi, Mosaic) reading this, I have a story.
A portion of the reason for my delay was the subway. Got there, and a family of 5 Russians (some visiting) were getting processed for subway ride(s).
I got my MetroCard, Senior fare. The fare is $1.10. I just wanted to buy one-way, but they insist I get the return trip and pay for it. (What if I wasn't coming back?) It costs me more that way. I would pay $2.20 for this ordinarily. They stick on an extra 5 cents.

Then the XXXXXXX card won't work. I tried three or four different turnstalls. I went back to the surly agent. She flashed the card in front of something in her cage and said, "It works." Pretty much threw it back at me.
I tried again. Was in tears. I was hot and hungry. I decided I had paid for the ticket, and did not plan to try to use it improperly, so I did something. I got down on all fours and crawled under the turnstall. That's how I got to the train. Lucky I didn't get arrested.
I didn't know at the time that the way to handle this all-too-common MTA fk*p is to mail the card back to MTA to get a refund (but what if they don't find it to be defective?), meanwhile purchasing another card in the station. Even with that knowledge, I would have done the same thing. The last time I bought a MetroCard there, I had the same thing happen, but after two tries, I passed.

There are still wonderful things in this city, and possibilities for the unknown. That's why I'm here. Changed over the past couple of years. I would no longer wish to settle in NY.
I have things to accomplish. Already begun a medical investigation with a doc I knew from years ago. So far, we're on the same page.

Thanks to a number of complications, my debt load has increased beyond where I thought it would. Indeed, it would have been cheaper if I had visited first and seen this dump, etc. On the other hand, I probably would not have come to NYC, and I truly feel that it was necessary for me to do so under the circumstances. I have to be here for something, not just visit for four days.
I know I'm not a thief by nature, and I know how to step back and consider my true motives in order to decide whether or not to abide by the letter of the law, as well as how to behave in personal relationships. I'm not mean, but can be snappy from time to time, rare for me, like most people.
One thing that has to go is a PollyAnna view of human nature as fundamentally good, which I think is about as naive and simplistic as one can get (IMO). The matter needs to be considered on an individual basis, with the assumption that one has to go on a situation-to-situation basis, even with people closest to you. In other words, do not expect the best, the worst, anything. Do not discount track record. Do not lose lightness of heart, but avoid lightness of mind. Balance, good sense, intuition, even ESP.

Don't accept what makes me uncomfortable because I would hope that all would feel and act to do the best not only for themselves, but for others in a business situation.
When expectations, indeed, demands, for profits, in a society know no bounds (and they used have agreed upon limitations), it's time to realize one is in an every-man-for-himself society/world, and must take care of self and others as one can.

Life with too much or too little limitation/rule/order eventually leads to much the same results. Ruin.

Thanks for lunching with me. I liked it a lot and hope to see you again. We both need a lot of space. I understand that.
MDs, you're a number in a million! I appreciate you.

tweets
"Even the very emptiest of the emptiest
Has a false bottom, a false bottom."
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2012, 12:23 PM by tweeter.)
06-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Just talking  RE: Lunch with tweeter!
One thing that has to go is a PollyAnna view of human nature as fundamentally good, which I think is about as naive and simplistic as one can get (IMO). The matter needs to be considered on an individual basis, with the assumption that one has to go on a situation-to-situation basis, even with people closest to you.[...]do not expect the best, the worst, anything. Do not discount track record. Do not lose lightness of heart, but avoid lightness of mind. Balance, good sense, intuition, even ESP.

Don't accept what makes me uncomfortable because I would hope that all would feel and act to do the best not only for themselves, but for others in a business situation.

When expectations, indeed, demands, for profits, in a society know no bounds (and they used have agreed upon limitations), it's time to realize one is in an every-man-for-himself society/world, and must take care of self and others as one can.

Life with too much or too little limitation/rule/order eventually leads to much the same results. Ruin.

Sad, but true. All of it.

Glad we had a chance to meet again.

Laura and others
06-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Website Find Reply
tweeter Offline

(06-24-2012, 04:31 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: One thing that has to go is a PollyAnna view of human nature as fundamentally good, which I think is about as naive and simplistic as one can get (IMO). The matter needs to be considered on an individual basis, with the assumption that one has to go on a situation-to-situation basis, even with people closest to you.[...]do not expect the best, the worst, anything. Do not discount track record. Do not lose lightness of heart, but avoid lightness of mind. Balance, good sense, intuition, even ESP.

Laura and others

Yes, to both statements.

With that said, I reaffirm that I'm here to reclaim myself and my happiness. But, what a path (why?).

tweets
06-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Happy  RE: Lunch with tweeter!
(06-24-2012, 11:31 PM)tweeter Wrote:
(06-24-2012, 04:31 PM)MakersDozn Wrote: One thing that has to go is a PollyAnna view of human nature as fundamentally good, which I think is about as naive and simplistic as one can get (IMO). The matter needs to be considered on an individual basis, with the assumption that one has to go on a situation-to-situation basis, even with people closest to you.[...]do not expect the best, the worst, anything. Do not discount track record. Do not lose lightness of heart, but avoid lightness of mind. Balance, good sense, intuition, even ESP.

Laura and others

Yes, to both statements.

With that said, I reaffirm that I'm here to reclaim myself and my happiness. But, what a path (why?).

tweets
06-27-2012, 11:55 AM
Find Reply
rainbows Offline

Threads: 8
Hiya My Friend !
Reclaim away ! GOOD for YOU !
We are having some days now that we feel not so Sad.
Today is a Good Day for us. Hope today is Good Day for you too.
Love an Hugs,
from rainy
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Find Reply
tweeter Offline

(06-27-2012, 11:58 AM)rainbows Wrote: Hiya My Friend !
Reclaim away ! GOOD for YOU !
We are having some days now that we feel not so Sad.
Today is a Good Day for us. Hope today is Good Day for you too.
Love an Hugs,
from rainy

Hi rainy. Glad it's a good one for ya. I'm in the Soc. Sec./Medicare/Medicaid arrangements loop right now. Finally got some papers together and have chosen a Medicaid office to visit. Makes me nervous. I don't like bureaucracy at all.
As far as name change goes, I haven't been able to find out what the residency requirement is here. When the health care arrangements settle, I'll try to sign up for a free legal clinic, or go for an inexpensive 1/2 hr. consult to find out where I stand on a couple of issues.
The leak the apt. fixers weren't sure was under the sink, is very much there. You just have to use the sink a lot, and fill the basin part way. I'd like to be here when they fix it. Figure I'll talk to LL when I pay the rent in person (and get a receipt). It's better to do that with these jokers, rather than get the notice of non-payment in the mail, for funds that the bank has released to them. FM was told, and believed!, that they had a chronically hosed accounting system. Think it would be perfectly okay with them if he paid twice.

I could say I don't know what a good day would be, but that's not so. I do know. I have some okay days, sure. And I have things to accomplish, so I can't give up or be worse off than when I started. I'm pretty much set here. Looks like a storage facility, which it is. I'm storing me, LOL. I have a time limit, April. That's when lease is up. In a split second, everything could happen, or not. Well, I'm gonna be out there. Just have to get formalities taken care of.

cheerios,
tweets
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 01:35 PM by tweeter.)
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Find Reply