shut down
Vivey Offline

Threads: 3
shut down
[attachment=25]hi all,
here is the last painting I did. in March. i have since been shut down as an artist by some of my team. dunno why they think these flowers are dangerous!
any suggestions would be deeply appreciated... thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

06-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Find Reply
WendyLee Offline

Threads: 5
RE: shut down
I love the painting! That is a really good point about the inners not allowing creativity since it feels dangerous.
06-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
The only idea I can come with it is maybe it reminds of them of something from your childhood. I think you are the only one who can come with that answer.....maybe by asking them. But if I were to hazard a guess that is what I would think. They don't look dangerous to me. Actually it looks amazing.....You are very talented!
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Find Reply
Vivey Offline

(06-20-2012, 06:35 AM)WendyLee Wrote: I love the painting! That is a really good point about the inners not allowing creativity since it feels dangerous.
Thanks! we worked so hard to co-consciously create. Oh well, have switched to clay for the time being.
06-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
Vivey Offline

(06-20-2012, 04:45 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: The only idea I can come with it is maybe it reminds of them of something from your childhood. I think you are the only one who can come with that answer.....maybe by asking them. But if I were to hazard a guess that is what I would think. They don't look dangerous to me. Actually it looks amazing.....You are very talented!
Tangled
Thanks! You're right about our childhood. Having trouble with beauty and nature. My last show was called "War Years," (about the USA's, not mine, lol) and the paintings actually were scary. Only a multiple would freak out painting flowers! It will pass eventually. am working on a sculpture for the time being.
06-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
Vivey,
That picture you painted is amazing!!!!girl you are an awesome artist I would love to see more specifically what your creating out of clay. I'm glad you/all figured it out what it was about the flower...nice work

sharon
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
Vivey Offline

Thanks, Sharon! Still not painting which is OK. I'm working on a self portrait head in clay. What a trip! Such a meditation! I've smushed it and began again for the past month. We are persistent! I'm seeing how I subordinated my creativity by prioritizing relationships and economic security; living in fear that i wouldn't have enough. And I don't! I'm divorcing and scraping by on unemployment. But...we finally get that we're exactly where we are supposed to be. will post a pic when my piece looks like me.

again, thanks!
07-24-2012, 09:20 AM
Find Reply
Reilly Offline

Threads: 32
Other/All/Unsure   RE: shut down
Your painting is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us.
My son has a part who loves to express his feelings through painting. I recently purchased some art supplies for him. Unfortunately, others inside have prevented him from completing any works of art. I tried to broker agreements between parts and even provided additional supplies so everyone could express themselves through this medium. The others inside continue to mess up his paintings however. I guess there is too much anxiety surrounding the artwork. Maybe someday it will be allowed.
Thanks again for sharing.
07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Find Reply
sharon/treehouse family Offline

Threads: 15
Vivey,

Your very welcome. I imagine that the self portrait is going to be just as amazing when you finish the scalptcher. What other projects have you done? or what have you worked with? I'm wondering because I do paintings make my own patterns for quilts, take pics of people, and places and make a cross stitch out of it. I draw charters of people when a fair is going on, I like doing just dots(that take me forever) to create pic of something, I do comics (but never yet have I sent them in,yet) with a little guy called "Ijit". My favorite medium is charcole, pastels, ink and pen. I like abstract and demetions the most. I make all kinds of jewelry, I knit and crochet, I have to have something challenging then I get bored and move on. I use to work with children in daycare I loved it because we would get into the crafts and create and make different things. I loved it!!!! I've really haven't worked with clay haven't been really interested in it. I get so insulted by people saying what kind of arts and crafts are you doing...because I'm so past that. Do you show any painting or sell any work because you are awesome at what you do!!!!!!! (just a suggestion) The internet is very useful for that, you don't even have to leave you home (if you don't want to)... You are are an artist girl. People tell me all the time it's a gift to make a difference in the world. People are waiting and wanting to see it!!!! You go girl....Smile sorry if I get chatty or wordy...

take care

sharon
silliness wakes up your brain. Fantasy is a ingredient in living, looking through a telescope the wrong way. When you do, it helps you to laugh at life. Smile

The Tree house family
07-25-2012, 10:00 AM
Find Reply
CaraEtc Offline

(06-19-2012, 09:24 AM)Vivey Wrote: hi all,
here is the last painting I did. in March. i have since been shut down as an artist by some of my team. dunno why they think these flowers are dangerous!
any suggestions would be deeply appreciated... thanks

it's lovely :-)
07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Find Reply
Blythe_33 Offline

Threads: 2
This is a beautiful painting. I hope you were able to continue.
06-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Find Reply