Totally Lost with the new site
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: Totally Lost with the new site
So does that mean that it shows it every thread you have responded too....does it mean the same thing?
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
05-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
News/Information  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
(05-31-2012, 05:10 PM)Tangled Web Wrote: So does that mean that it shows it every thread you have responded too....does it mean the same thing?

Nope, different things. Neither posting a message nor replying to a message automatically subscribe you to a thread. The default setting is "Do not subscribe to this thread." So you'd have to select either of the subscribe options to add the thread to your subscriptions.

To see all of your posts, including those in threads that you do not subscribe to, click "View Your Posts" at the top of the page. The posts listed will include all your posts in threads that were started by other people, as well as all your posts in threads that you've started.

To see all of the threads that you've started, including those that you do not subscribe to, click "View Your Threads" at the top of the page. The threads listed will not include threads that you have posted in but were started by other people.

Hope this helps.

MDs
06-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Thanks MDs but i still don't understand what subscribing to a thread means. Does it mean......that a subscribe thread is just the ones you want to read. Sorry if I am being a pain in the *ss about this.
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
(06-01-2012, 11:35 AM)Tangled Web Wrote: Thanks MDs but i still don't understand what subscribing to a thread means. Does it mean......that a subscribe thread is just the ones you want to read. Sorry if I am being a pain in the *ss about this.

You're not being a PITA at all. The benefit of subscribing to a thread is that the User CP can provide you with listing of posts that you decide that you want to follow. It saves time rather than having to go through every forum looking for what you want to read.

There's nothing that says that anyone *has* to subscribe to anything. It's just a tool to save time.

Another useful tool is the fact in the list of forums, the folder icon is colored yellow for forums with new posts, and colored blue if there aren't new posts.

Does this help?

MDs
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Awwwwww YES! I finally get it! Thank you so much!!
Smile
Tangled
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
"If you want to view a post in threads like the old forum you can click on "Threaded Mode" at the top right. If you want to switch back you click on "Linear Mode" again.

The icons above the box where you write your post do different things. Like make you text bold, or a different size or color. You can also insert links, photos, and video. It's a bit like writing in Word or Word Perfect."

Wow, I hadn't noticed either the thread option or the text options, even though it's right there! That'll be awesome to be able to play with the text, or view the thread in the "old" style as needed. Both really cool options!ThumU

Question: Can different insiders post with their own names, as before? There are some insiders who will remain nameless (Davis, yeah, talking to you) who hate having to use the generic "orek" handle.
06-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Question  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
"You're not being a PITA at all. The benefit of subscribing to a thread is that the User CP can provide you with listing of posts that you decide that you want to follow. It saves time rather than having to go through every forum looking for what you want to read."

MDs, hi. I see where it says "User CP," but what does the CP mean here? I can think of lots of interesting ideas, but none that seems to be appropriate to the situation. HP
06-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Wait, "currently present" perhaps?
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Hi Orek. Good to see you here! CP mean user control panel. So your user CP is your user control panel. And sorry about Davis having to post under your user name. She can sign her posts at the bottom as Davis but no there is no way to change the user names like the old site.
Emma

PS Samantha HATES that too Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2012, 02:00 AM by Tangled Web.)
06-10-2012, 01:59 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Friendship/Support  RE: Totally Lost with the new site
Hey, Emma....thanks for answering orek.

Emma and orek....FWIW, a lot of us would love to be able to post under our individual names, but we understand the benefits of this way as well.

MDs
06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
(05-29-2012, 03:56 PM)little monkies Wrote: I got my degree by the way, BA (Hons) 2:1. I graduate on July 10th.

CONGRATULATIONS Smile Smile Smile !!!!!!!!! That's a huge achievement!!!!!

don't worry about mistakes, without them we would never learn!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-11-2012, 04:51 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is this site still active? Lauraetal 5 2,650 08-22-2021, 10:22 AM
Last Post: phoenix22
Question Going to old site The People 1 2,860 06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: MakersDozn