current events
Dissociates Offline

Threads: 2
current events
i am having panic. I don't know what is real and unreal. The words i say even if i am trying to tell the truth feel like a lie. I seemed to be fine yesterday. But today having thoughts and feelings that i can't tell what is real and unreal. Lots of what i assume is fear. Woke up this morning feeling ill and with what felt like anxiety. The anxiety kept building and bad things started happening. Little things but it was snowballing - I started feeling like i was losing it and hearing a voice(s) inside saying if i/we went to work we won't be able to hold it together. Bad things were going to happen. This sounds so ridiculous i know. But i'm afraid if i don't listen to the voices, i'll be sorry. So i called off sick. This causes panic about losing my job now.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012, 06:22 PM by Dissociates.)
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
RE: current events
Hi Dissociates. Anxiety is a hard thing and I find it snowballs easily while you are in it. I find trying to remember to breathe and concentrate on my breathing helps alot. ( a very good friend of mine helped me realize this). It slows down the conflicting thoughts and panic. I hope work goes well for you this weekend.
What do you do? (work wise I mean?)
sending you blue flowers.....
Tangled
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
News/Information  RE: current events
Hi, Dissociates,

Sorry that you've been having difficulty. We hope things get better for you soon.

Just wanted to clear up what may be some confusion....you said "I'm glad that this site is private." While you don't reveal your 3d identity by participating, most of the forums are visible to the public. The visible forums include those on the Visitor's Center, Main Street, and Creativity Corner areas. The forums in the Youth Center and Intensity Heights areas are visible only to members, though.

So....people don't know your 3d identity, but some of the forums are indeed viewable by the public.

We hope this clears things up.

MDs
06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
Website Find Reply
Dissociates Offline

Threads: 2
Thanks. That makes me panic a bit. Can one of the mods or admins please delete my first post in this thread then? I was going to ask anyway because it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't want it there, especailly if it's visible. Thanks.

If it has to be edited just say I am having lots of anxiety about internal things and having to call in work beause of that.
thank you. And can you please delete/edit ASAP. I appreciate it.
06-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Threads: 12
Hey, MDs!

So, I don't see Intensity Heights. Same as before? Have to request admittance and all that? Or am I just missing something? Huh

Glad to be back. And love the new look!
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
Find Reply
MakersDozn Offline
MM Oldtimer

Threads: 186
Friendship/Support  RE: current events
(06-03-2012, 01:53 AM)orek Wrote: Hey, MDs!

So, I don't see Intensity Heights. Same as before? Have to request admittance and all that? Or am I just missing something? Huh

Glad to be back. And love the new look!

Hi, orek. Glad you're back. I believe that people automatically get access to IH after a week on the new boards, or making 5 posts. There's a thread about this on the HelpDesk board.

MDs
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Website Find Reply
orek Offline

Question  RE: current events
[quote='MakersDozn' pid='2805' dateline='1338743070']
[quote='orek' pid='2797' dateline='1338702823']
Hey, MDs!

Cool bean, thx. One last question: I love the new icons and the expanded options and all that, but what is that first icon, to the left of the rainbow? I can't suss that one out. Now that I mention the rainbow, not sure what the one under it is, either, nor the one above the smiley face. It's probably all in the help section. I'll get off me lazy arse and go look eventually here.Tongue
06-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Find Reply
Tangled Web Offline

Threads: 169
(06-09-2012, 11:59 PM)orek Wrote: [quote='MakersDozn' pid='2805' dateline='1338743070']
[quote='orek' pid='2797' dateline='1338702823']
Hey, MDs!

Cool bean, thx. One last question: I love the new icons and the expanded options and all that, but what is that first icon, to the left of the rainbow? I can't suss that one out. Now that I mention the rainbow, not sure what the one under it is, either, nor the one above the smiley face. It's probably all in the help section. I'll get off me lazy arse and go look eventually here.Tongue

Hi Orek. That icon left of the rainbow is for video clips. The one under the rainbow is for information posted and the one above the smiley face is for you to download and post pictures. Hope this helps.
Emma
"You may not remember what someone says or does, but you will never forget how they made you feel" Mac Anderson.
06-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Find Reply
orek Offline

Other/All/Unsure   RE: current events
It does indeed! ThanksSmile
06-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Find Reply