What's everyone doing?
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
Just talking  What's everyone doing?
i'm studying... a lot

comprehensive exams are in October. there are six topics (two topics a day for three days) i have to know enough material on each topic to write a six to ten page paper, with no notes to help me out.

it's a daunting task. back when i was young and involved in theater, memorizing seemed easy. not so much anymore.
08-07-2019, 07:23 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: What's everyone doing?
Yuck, that's a lot of exams! Here doctorates are examined based on your thesis and verbal defence with no exams necessary. Pros and cons I guess, as I used to be far more terrified of verbal than written exams. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do well!

getting ready for a big move - house and job. scary but a big promotion. hoping for best...
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-07-2019, 05:58 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Yeah, here we have the exams AND the thesis and verbal defense....

congratulations on the big promotion! that sounds exciting. moving is never easy though. hope it all goes smoothly for you.
08-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
I'm studying too, but not a lot. I only go two days a week and it's only collecting units that could go toward an advanced dip or a ba in future if I want. No exams just a body of 3D or 2D work at end of year and theory assignments handed in on time. I get a certificate at the end of three years. So light going compared to some.

Just had winter holidays and went solo hiking for a week in some rainforest covers mnts. Was meant to be going with four other people and one by one they all dropped out until it was only me, so I just went by myself anyway.

Had my air conditioner on yesterday because the wind was so hot and now their predicting snow above 1100 meters for tonight which makes me think that whoever's controlling the Matrix this week is probably on work experience.

My jobs so boring I'll be needing therapy just to cope with it soon. 
08-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hey! I am back in! Thanks for the help getting back in Mosaic!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: What's everyone doing?
Mosaic do you think it was easier then because you were less anxious? You are a smart lady. You went back to school as an adult and figured out how to study! There are things you know because you lived it yourself. You know what you know. Now go back and change what you aren't sure of until you know that too. I believe in you!
08-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

thanks, people. welcome back!

i think memorizing back then had to do more with context... they were dialogue lines and i could learn them as the way my character responded to what other characters said. that is a little different than memorizing a ton of material to spew back in an essay for three hours.

still we appreciate your vote of confidence. as i go over the topics daily i believe i will be able to get the information down.
08-11-2019, 09:46 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Excellent Mosaic!
08-15-2019, 12:25 AM
Find Reply