For all of us
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
For all of us
who try to avoid any acknowledgement of this day that people make more and more fuss about, do something for you. I know it is late in some places but if you don't have time tonight, do it tomorrow. Pick some wild flowers, chose a bottle of wine, go for ice cream... Most of us are single (Mosaic you could still participate) Or do nothing on this nothing day. I must go get groceries.

Attached Files Image(s)

I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
RE: For all of us
thank you, people... it was a difficult day. i guess i'm fortunate that my hubby doesn't expect much on that day and i had my own covert ways of protesting the day. it's over for another year.
06-17-2019, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
didn't acknowledge the day, except liking a few people's dad posts on FB.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-17-2019, 12:54 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Thanks, we got Daniel a Father’s Day gift on Amazon evocher. We miss him so much though and we should have avoided public chat areas with nonmuiti people. Clueless people should have to wear signs....
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
06-17-2019, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Dreamers I like what you say about people who "should know better." Everyone who lives in this world should know better. One woman commented that I must know one person who was a father figure. I do know some men that I love and respect but they are my friends husbands, one is younger than me and I would never view them as father figures.

Once I was taking a writing class. I passed in part of what eventually became a book so that people could critique my writing. A woman who reaked of the money she came from started to sputter at me. "Mothers don't forget their children's birthdays. She went on and on. We didn't just grow up on different sides of the track. There was an ocean between us. I didn't bother to argue with her. Not even to tell her that she wasn't critiquing. Eventually I gave up on writing classes.
06-18-2019, 03:06 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
As mark twain said "never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference"

Dreamers, can I get one of those signs in my size?
06-18-2019, 04:10 AM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
You want a sign? Why you aren’t clueless. The people: you were brave to write about your experience for a class. I never write about my childhood in writing classes. If I am assigned to, i invent a new childhood ( fiction is the most profitable type of writing anyway and they aren’t honesty classes).
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
06-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Find Reply
Five of Hearts Offline

Threads: 11
Sometimes I feel clueless
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 06:29 AM by Five of Hearts.)
06-18-2019, 06:28 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Five of Hearts love the Mark Twain quote :0)
06-18-2019, 09:57 PM
Find Reply