Screwed up at oraal stage
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Question  Screwed up at oraal stage
I was old by my mother that I threw my bottle away at 8 months. I have vague recollections that the bottle nipple tasted funny so perhaps she painted it with something. My Ts have said that it would be very unusual for an 8 month old to refuse a bottle. Mom was pregnant again. We were already hanging from the rafters.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-24-2018, 09:40 PM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Screwed up at oraal stage
My biological mother tells the story over and over again about how he put our crib on the other side of the house when we were young so she didn't hear us cry. The biological mother says it like she did such a great thing by allowing us to "self-soothe."

Not quite the same. But some similarities.

We are sorry you had to go through that.
07-24-2018, 10:04 PM
Find Reply
mosaic Offline
just another one of us

Threads: 131
oh shadows, and people, we are sorry you all went through such stuff. what you say resonates with me but i have nothing to definitively say i know what you went through. my older sister once talked about mom propping the bottle in the babies mouth rather than holding the baby to feed it (i'm assuming or hoping this is when the baby could hold the bottle?)... so i don't know how much nurture i got either.
07-25-2018, 09:27 AM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Threads: 9
Sorry for you both sends you hugs
07-25-2018, 09:35 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Shadow you mothr a @ss. are mothr beleve her lies. she not brag of them. she still nuts.
07-26-2018, 02:47 AM
Find Reply
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
Thanks, People. we agree. We also think that your mother is nuts and we are sorry you had to go through that.
07-30-2018, 12:13 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

she a multe.bigs are shur.

from two
07-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Find Reply
dreamers Offline

Threads: 104
Since I was special ed I was sent of at 10 months to this special infant development preschool ( 3 days a week for 4 hours I think from moms describing it). No one believes me but I have flash bulb memories of it and the car seat on the school bus ( I was in it until age 2 so maybe those are from later.) My point is, I think it screwed up my attachments and the trust vs mistrust phase. My mom never meant to screw us up, her husband on the other hand was definitely putting considerable work into seeing just how messed up he could make a kid. Mom just listened to anyone with a title about our care... we are lucky no “ expert” ever said dropping us from the 50th floor of a skyscraper would cure our CP.
Favorite Quotes:" I didn't mean to be brave. It happened when I panicked"
-Piglet ( Winnie the Pooh)

" the Only difference between Bravery and stupidity is the context"
-unknown
08-30-2018, 07:18 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Dreamers we were trying to figure out how you could be in Special Ed and have DID. But CP explains it. I know people with CP where the body was impacted but not the brain. It sounds like your mother loved you but had no idea how to handle controlling men.

My T thinks my parents loved me. I think there were times when our parents loved us and other times when their own issues turned them against us.
09-01-2018, 09:18 PM
Find Reply