The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Taking and giving compliments - The People - 07-24-2018, 01:37 AM
RE: Taking and giving compliments - mosaic - 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
RE: Taking and giving compliments - mosaic - 07-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Taking and giving compliments
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Doing okay  Taking and giving compliments
Over the past few weeks, 3 people said something positive to us without our expecting it. Plus 2 friends took us away for a day, introducing us to the outdoor world. It was a reward for doing something that we love and that we already get paid for!

I sent my sister an angel today. She is in Toronto where life is a bit unpredictable. She loved it.

There is a neighbour downstairs who didn't speak when I first moved in. She has made some changes and it shows. She is more willing to chat and seems to need it, Not multiple so far as I know but has PTSD. I acknowledged the changes I could see in her and it pleased her.

If you feel the need to say something positive to an acquaintance, say it. Practice in the mirror if you need to but you will never know what it means to another person. It certainly gave me a boost.

As well, positive self-talk is good. I remember years ago when I worked with a client who had a mental disability amoung other things. I was terrified of him at first. Then I learned to stand up to his anger w/o getting angry myself. Positive reinforcement was the secret.

Pretty soon I was taking my work home. I would take out the garbage and as I dropped it I would say "good job(name).

Positive words are good medicine to ourselves and to others.

I love MM!
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
07-24-2018, 01:37 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Taking and giving compliments - The People - 07-24-2018, 01:37 AM
RE: Taking and giving compliments - mosaic - 07-24-2018, 09:05 AM
RE: Taking and giving compliments - mosaic - 07-25-2018, 09:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Doing okay I am taking a break The People 2 2,177 08-18-2018, 04:21 AM
Last Post: The People