New thread based on something Nats said.
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Agree  New thread based on something Nats said.
Nats made a remark that some of her ways of looking at relationships are rather Autistic. Do other people feel that way? I remember once when I made a comment to a past T. I stated that I felt like I had Aspergers. Her reply was that there were a lot of commonalities. The difference was that Aspergers is genetic while DID was forced upon us. (Not her exact words)

I also remember someone stating that they had ADHD according to their PDoc. I find that I have a lot of traits that are like or similar to ADD. Everything from sleep patterns to never being still to being so disorganized with paperwork. it is difficult to know which part of this makes it possible that I have ADD and what is simply the offspring of our main DX.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: New thread based on something Nats said.
I think that DID is SO complex that in and of itself contains ripples of many other psychopathologies as potential parts of its profile. The problem with possessing multiple personalities is the existence of multiple disorders unique to each individual personality within the system. Not only are we an enigma to most mental health care professionals, but we are also a mystery to ourselves a lot of the time.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-26-2018, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: New thread based on something Nats said.
Agree with Cammy. My PDoc insists that we are BPD. The last T said that the teens are the ones with the most systems. I have to agree with this.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-27-2018, 02:17 AM
Find Reply