What should DID symbol be?
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: What should DID symbol be?
I'm all for different simple geometric shapes interlocked with each other, but not in a row, just kind of a circular type arrangement. The color should be shades of gray and black. Triangles, circles, squares, rectangle, trapezoids, stars, half moons, hearts, and stuff like that. To me it would represent all the different personalities, but show how they are all linked in one person. The different shades would represent the varying strengths of each personality within the system. Even having a big circle with some smaller circles would be good for representing the 'littles' that some people's system have. It's almost as though we should have a code of each symbol, and each individual person then can design their own unique DID symbol based on how their personality system is designed. The star could be the major host, larger circles teens, little circles children, the moon could be hidden personas still trapped behind an amnesia barrier, gender symbols could also be used. The amount of variations are endless and could be unique to each person.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-19-2018, 03:55 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
That is a nice idea Cammie. I disagree with the colours but that is just me.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
06-22-2018, 04:32 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

People: I have this really awful tendency towards wearing black everything. I see what you mean about the colors and agree with you. The grey and black thing is my personal quirk, but your idea would be more meaningful and more representative of personality differences.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-23-2018, 01:41 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

There is a theory that wearing lots of black means you are depressed. I think it means you like black.

Smile
06-25-2018, 12:57 AM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Hey People: My trauma psychologist once told me that most of her DID patients and also her Borderline PD patients all had this tendency to wear black. I've tried colors, and still do wear a little color once in a while, but often end up changing before I leave the house. It just doesn't feel like ME. It's almost like color will make me stand out and I want to be invisible. Also, my alters have different tastes and wearing black is so neutral that it is the one thing everyone seems to agree on and feel okay in. Quirk.
Heart
06-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

We used to wear more black but now we prefer to have a multi-coloured wardrobe. What we wear every day depends on who is out and what the weather is like.
06-29-2018, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I posted a tree that blew sideways but kept growing. What of that>? Nats how have you made out with the knots?
07-22-2018, 04:29 AM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A symbol The People 5 3,533 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: earthandskyfolks