What should DID symbol be?
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: What should DID symbol be?
i like shield and tree - tree on a shield? can help with sketching colours.

I think a day in spring or autumn is nice, when the weather is not awful but kids are still in school so that it could potentially be included as a school activity.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-07-2018, 12:52 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

more tree of life ideas:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=celtic+tree+of+life+shield&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:Cf4ceD1zIzWnIjgSOuIbEvuwMCGywa6ja3hkIXKe2Be5vkjrE1VMt8ePw8v73qEtL7i9cmirBwzM0O4rpuH_1s2hmHyoSCRI64hsS-7AwERSmrMoIFKzFKhIJIbLBrqNreGQRcSYhIrpSme0qEgkhcp7YF7m-SBF90_1AFXNaMFyoSCesTVUy3x4_1DEToU4pnceQumKhIJy_1veoS0vuL0RwF5fHxyZW5QqEglyaKsHDMzQ7hG2wacSuzg6bCoSCSum4f-zaGYfEZxVqshTXaW9&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi5kd-ck8LbAhXHzRQKHQ93C3sQ9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1309&bih=736&dpr=2
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
06-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Threads: 9
I like bothbthe tree and rhe shield was thinking is the a way that we could combine them together? Like example have the tree of life but in the center of the trunk have the shield. That it would represent the protection and tje growth we all do everyday. As for the time frame one idea I have would be during a holiday like Thanksgiving as it can be a difficult time for many, it would give them something postive to look forward to.
06-07-2018, 05:22 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I like all 3 so we need to do this together. Remember, there is no wrong answer.

Collectively Us do you have any art skills to show what you mean? Just a pencil drawing to start off. We can work out the colours later.

The problem with Thanksgiving is that Americans celebrate it at a different time than Canadians. Mind you, we could work it out so that people in each country could decide what time is best for them although I do think (My opinion only) that it would be good to have one day for each of our countries to present it at the same time.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2018, 03:54 AM by The People.)
06-08-2018, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

What about both the tree of life and the shield. Put the shield into the trunk of the tree of life. The easy it is explained theshield for protection the tree for growth. We so start out as onebut more follow but also we do grow and we learn and we heal a little at a time.
06-09-2018, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

That is what I was thinking Collectively Us! Only I didn't want to lead this! What if we made the shield silver or gold and used the multicolours on the branches of the tree?Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 05:51 PM by The People.)
06-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

So much to choose from!
06-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Agree to disagree  RE: What should DID symbol be?
I found this one! The shield could be larger! What do people think? We would not necessarily need the colouring in the background but that is up for discussion. It says that these may have copyright but if we did our own version of it we should be fine.

Nats since you came up with this wonderful idea would you like to try doing a rough draft for us? It doesn't have to be perfect. Just enough to give someone with the ability to do a computerized draft (unless you are skilled in that way too.Or know someone who is!)

I still like the ideas of the colours of Inside Out. In varying shades etc.

Attached Files Image(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2018, 06:16 PM by The People.)
06-10-2018, 06:02 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

yes, can do a sketch based on this (sorry, no computer graphics skills here!), but give us a couple of weeks as we're flat out at work now - e.g. it's midnight and still doing work stuff Smile
06-10-2018, 07:19 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

Well now I was thinking of the shield being Gold or Silver I do have a friend that does computer work and graphics if that would be helpful. My creativity is not in drawing but in words. Yes I had forgotten about the differance in time and holidays and so on. So yes just a day of a month would be great. Thanks for the reminder.
06-10-2018, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
Collectively US Offline

I just thought of it....would it be to busy to incorporate the braided cord around the imagae of the tree and the shield. I can talk to my friend about it and see if he can come up with both designs as well to give an idea...i love how we are comming together on this is such an awesome idea and I am excited by it.
06-10-2018, 09:09 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Nats said that she could sketch it out and then we could decide if we want to go forward with it. While I like the braid I think the 3 together should be too much.

Most Logos don't have anything on them that signifies what they are. It is GLTBQ week here. Everybody has come to know the flag. (Interestingly there are lots of articles stating that Autism Society may get rid of the puzzle pieces but it is still too late to go with them)

Pink ribbons are known by most to represent breast cancer.

However, people have known what Gay is since the beginning of time. They know breast cancer. Few people outside of patients and professionals know what DID is. Should we put DID on the shield?
06-11-2018, 01:18 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

As for the day, the first day of summer would be nice as it is the longest day of the year. The issue for many of us is that it is also a Red Dot day (see the top of the page )as is the winter one(Not so much spring and fall for us but there is an awareness) Any other suggestions? What about the last day of winter? Last day of darkness?

Thoughts?
06-11-2018, 01:31 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Not sure where anyone is on this. Nats are you working on a draft? No pressure and it doesn't have to be perfect.I would hate to have all of this discussion just to drop it.
06-15-2018, 02:11 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

Friendship/Support  RE: What should DID symbol be?
Nevermind Nats I just noticed that you said a few weeks and my instant world mind is jumping ahead. Deleted other msg. Smile
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2018, 04:34 PM by The People.)
06-18-2018, 07:03 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question A symbol The People 5 3,536 11-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Last Post: earthandskyfolks