red meat eaters?
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
News/Information  red meat eaters?
We are not usually watchers of Dr. Oz. However, something about his show caught my eye the other day. He was talking about how people deal with things. He brought on an expert and the man had 3 categories. Each one had the best type of exercise to go with depending on their way of coping. Scrambled brains like us folks (my words not his) are best to stick with 20-30 minute walks.

I remember going to the gym, or walking. I would want to punch out a store window while walking home. I would describe this to a doctor and his eyes said: "you are just a lazy sh*t and that is just an excuse".I finally spoke with a guru who said that "Your brain is so programmed that it goes into fight or flight mode." It made so much sense!

The guy on Dr. Oz also suggested giving up red meat. I did that years ago for personal reasons.

You can find the info on Dr. Oz if it sounds interesting. It was about 2 days ago.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
03-29-2018, 09:53 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: red meat eaters?
couldn't find but sounds interesting. was the reason he suggested giving up red meat related to coping or a health thing?
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

He had been talking about levels of anxiety. 3groups. He talked about exercise but never talked about why to give up red meat. I gave it up years ago.For different reasons.
04-04-2018, 03:47 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

it was maybe just general health advice then. certainly nobody needs red meat, though we have it sometimes still. we're trying to be healthier these days..
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
04-05-2018, 04:44 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline

No it was just for the extreme anxiety group. we are also discouraged from cross training as it can rev us up.I know that already.
04-06-2018, 01:05 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

we used to love boxing. that idea that you can get out all your aggression by punching a pillow or something - so not true. we'd get tired obviously, but still just as aggressive.. maybe there's some similarity to anxiety.
04-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline

I remember doing the pillow punching. It was all the rage and then one day the newspaper carried a story that when someone has anger issues these excerises made them worse. I had noticed that as I would just turn on myself after wacking the pillow one too many times. I wonder who comes up with these ideas?
04-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

oh good, so other people realised this too? thought maybe it was just me. punching pillows just makes me want to escalate. doing something constructive with the anger always worked better.
04-10-2018, 07:15 PM
Find Reply