tired of being broke
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
tired of being broke
Since I stopped working everything is so hard. I need dental work, new glasses and I wear progressives that are not cheap in Canada. I need work done on my car if I need it to keep running. I got money for Christmas. Would have paid for new glasses. But the car had died and I am not ready to be without one.

I started working in grade 5. Stopped working at 55. Only unlike my friends with pensions etc. who started teaching at the same time I did only were successful at it. And married men who made lots of money so they could afford whatever they wanted.

Life sucks. I want something to work out for a change.

On Saturday I walked for charity. I had friends donate money for a walk that I did. I am not even proud of it. I just figure I will be one of those homeless people in a few years so it is at least something I can get a head start on.

Someone like me cannot go back to work.I will be 60 this year.I would work myself out of my pension only to crash and burn from all of the health issues that I have.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-27-2018, 12:36 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
RE: tired of being broke
it does feel really unfair. is there no social safety net in Canada anymore? i always think of it as better than the US or UK, but it doesn't sound like it.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
02-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
I think anything is better than the US. But it just covers the basics. I have BlueCross that I pay for. Glasses every 2years and the money I get covers the checkup and a few bucks toward my glasses. Dental covers a percentage... Sucks.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
02-28-2018, 02:18 AM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

what are people supposed to do when they get older then? issues are usually more serious than the basics!
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
03-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Find Reply
just peachy Offline
Read Only

Threads: 5
hi everyone I was reading this older post and thinking its funny how others have problems with therr finances and need things fixed glasses teeth etc and they don't have the money to fix t hem .....and then theres people like me who has more then enough money to pay for this stuff but has no ride to get the services done ..if only we could help each other and get this medical stuff done ....funny how life is . signed just peachy
04-28-2018, 10:43 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

it's really true jp. we often have the same sense when reading - that we don't have that problem but have this one instead and if we were closer by could probably help each other out easily. guess that's one of the downsides of a remote (online) community..
05-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Find Reply
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
I hear you People. Those of us who have medical issues that aren't of the mainstream variety are expected to foot the extras. Except for us, these 'extras' are vital needs that we require just to survive. It is maddening, and no matter how hard you try you can't get ahead. When you do get a job, by the time you factor in what taxes are going to cost you, you find out that you're working for about twenty cents an hour. That's not going to get the dental work so badly needed or the meds required just to get through one day to the next. I don't know what to say other than you are not alone. The gap between rich and poor is widening exponentially each day, and the entire middle class is beginning to disappear. It's downright scary.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-19-2018, 06:20 PM
Find Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So tired of people The People 2 2,436 04-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Last Post: The People