Messages In This Thread
RE: need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome - The People - 12-13-2017, 07:22 AM
need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
RE: need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome
I am amazed that dentists will not work with you in a way that works for you. Partly because it makes their lives easier but also because people have varying pain sensitivities for many reasons.

Have you ever shared the fact that you are SA survivor? If so (not saying you should) there is literature that discusses the fact that dental work is challenging for us. Have you noticed a difference b/t men and women as dentists? Old or young? (I wouldn't go with fresh out of college) Have you taken pain relievers prior to starting?

There is a hospital here that has a dental unit. Most of the patients are people with varying challenges. Prices are the same as they would be when going to a regular dentist. I suspect that they would have more understanding. Is there a place that you can call looking for specific types of dentists?

One last thought. We take anti-anxiety and antidepressants. I am quite sure this is why we are less responsive to things that are supposed to put us under or whatever. If you are on meds would they cause any extra sensitivity?
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
12-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: need to bounce some thoughts around...feedback is welcome - The People - 12-13-2017, 07:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Caution thoughts on children... Dreamscapes Collectives 3 4,289 08-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Last Post: nats