The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 862 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 862 errorHandler->error

Messages In This Thread
Loosely quoting from a novel - The People - 10-16-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Loosely quoting from a novel - nats - 10-17-2017, 06:43 AM
Loosely quoting from a novel
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Caution  Loosely quoting from a novel
Reading a book of fiction but sometimes words will jump out at me that fit real life.

In this one a woman was talking about her kitten. How someone gave her a squirt gun to spray it every time it scratched the couch. The first time she did it the kitten ran over and jumped on her knee looking for comfort.

She went on to talk about her dysfunctional relationship and how other people do the same thing.

"We turn to the people who hurt us in order to get comfort from them"

This is so true. People struggle to maintain relationships with FOO even though it isn't working. Myself included. Partners seek out each other after physical and/or emotional disasters.

Why? Familiarity I guess. The kitten wouldn't know better. But we humans know that these people we are trying to 're-friend' did a lot of damage to us. All of these years have passed and they haven't changed. Why do I try to re-open the lines of communication with them? This is what I did in 2017.Tried to reconnect with my family. With most of them it didn't work because we have different views on how life in our cracker box house we lived in.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
10-16-2017, 09:56 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
Loosely quoting from a novel - The People - 10-16-2017, 09:56 PM
RE: Loosely quoting from a novel - nats - 10-17-2017, 06:43 AM