Messages In This Thread
RE: Do alters create "identities" on Twitter - KoalaGirl - 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Do alters create "identities" on Twitter
KoalaGirl Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Do alters create "identities" on Twitter
That's just it - I don't think it's someone trying to get attention. I think it's someone who thinks they're a "real" person, a separate, independent entity. But a lot of compelling evidence supports that Tex is the one behind the accounts.

If I'm wrong about how DID manifests, I apologize. I have done a lot of research - reading reputable journals and materials from organizations like ISSTD; books by highly-educated, accomplished people who have DID; & blogs by people who have DID. But obviously I'm not an expert.

I just wonder, if he has it but hasn't been diagnosed or hasn't accepted it, could the alters be living their own "lives" without him having any awareness of their existence? These suspects are very distinct people, & I would not have thought twice about them being so, except a tipping-point level of circumstantial evidence. Then I began analyzing it from a technical standpoint (I do that kind of investigational, digital forensics for a living, so it's a semi-professional opinion), & I was actually surprised how consistent it was. (And after he admitted to 3 additional accounts, the data revolving around those accounts floored me even further.)

And over and over, he would duck out of chats without warning, & suddenly a flurry of messages would come up from clusters of the same "suspects". I chatted with him for an hour + once & coincidentally had a second computer open & had left twitter alerts on. It happened consistently for that entire hour +. It has also happened with DMs. He'll duck out & a friend suddenly pops in to check on me. At that exact moment. [Oh! And they're all up at weird hours - like he usually is - no matter where they say they live.]

Most telling - the times I saw him in person & had eyes on him & know he was not on any device, several suspects were dead quiet. I have little doubt he's behind the accounts. Before I suspected DID, I was afraid he was playing some mind game. But of the suspects I've spoken to in DM (some contacted me; some I contacted because I thought they were him & I wanted to test them), their individuality is water tight. There has never been a "slip". There can't be any way someone could keep that kind of compartmentation without, well, being compartmented.

There's a chance it's some kind of virtual ventriloquist-dummy outlet for his anger/sub- or semi-conscious socially-unacceptable outbursts. That's what I thought at first. But again, there's no "oops, I forgot what character I was" moment.

What *has* happened is odd bits of what seems like vague co-consciousness. Coincidences in preferences, jobs, experiences (how many gifted-creative-writer cops can one girl happen to bump into? Ok, two isn't a lot, but still.) Some seemed to be sort of fuzzy about their details, but once they recollected them, they never deviated from their stories. And they often chat at such rapid-fire back and forth speed, there's no way they could stop to consult a "script".

Also telling - many of them have come to my "rescue" after Tex had a meltdown on me. One I hadn't talked to in nearly 6 months, & she sent me an email out of the blue, almost hysterically apologetic, saying she was so sorry she had disappeared on me & left me to deal with the Tex situation -- within 5 hours of a particularly egregious mean outburst by Tex that took place entirely in private.

And yes, both Tex and I spend way too much time on Twitter.
10-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do alters create "identities" on Twitter - KoalaGirl - 10-10-2017, 07:27 PM