Messages In This Thread
RE: How Do I know If I'm Making it Up - Cammy - 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
How Do I know If I'm Making it Up
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
RE: How Do I know If I'm Making it Up
Shadows: I went through similar self doubt about my D.I.D. I ended up getting my T to find someone who had a definitive test for this disorder. She found a PhD in the states who had developed a test for DID and also showed how severe the DID was. I wrote his test and it confirmed the diagnosis. After that test I simply had to process the information and come to terms with the reality of my condition: I am DID. Embracing the multiplicity seems hard, but it actually makes it easier for you to accept and start to cope with it day to day. One of the things you can try to do is to attempt to find out in what ways that DID makes things better for you. Eventually you will realize that without it, you cannot cope with life or couldn't have coped with life in the past. DID is what made you survive with your sanity intact and it can serve you well once you start to learn to make it work for you. The first step to that, however, is acceptance. Like the rest of us you are going through a phase of denial. Eventually you will accept your multiplicity and begin to work with it. This takes time, however, and it is just not possible to rush the process any faster than your mind can accept the information. Hard as it is, you should try to be patient. You will get there and things will smooth out eventually. Hang in there as best as you can.
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 02:45 PM by Cammy.)
10-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Do I know If I'm Making it Up - Cammy - 10-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  making an album angel with wings 4 4,116 09-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Last Post: angel with wings
Happy 2nd T appointment aka making littles happy The People 4 5,298 09-24-2013, 12:20 PM
Last Post: The People
Scared Making it all real? orek 8 7,624 01-14-2013, 09:37 PM
Last Post: orek