newbe
talkingheads
Unregistered

newbe
Hello, I am new here but am feeling some hope for the first time in a long time because I have not had anyone to talk to about having DID. I don't like to visit with friends anymore because I never know when a trigger is going to happen or I go into a trance like state. I'm afraid to tell anyone because of reactions I may receive and it's all just a lot to handle alone. I was finally diagnosed last March and it's taken until now to reach out. I am just recently meeting some of my parts, I only know the name of one, Steven, he's and angry 17 year old. I know of two others, a teenage girl and a young girl about 7 years of age who is very strong willed and speaks her mind. I believe she says the words I was to afraid to say. I do not know their names, but I can see what they look like. I hear others talk and even argue, but they have not spoken directly to me. Most of the time, I wish my alters would just give me those horrible memories of most I don't remember so I can deal with it and head toward healing. I'm not sure which part/alter has given me some memories. I have found some writings I must have wrote but it's not my writing. However the things I read made some sense and put a couple pieces of the puzzle together. And yet when I read them, it scares me and sometimes I see other children begging me to help them. Well this is enough for now, I hope nothing here is inappropriate. Thank you for allowing me to participate in this forum. My hope is to be able to learn how to cope with DID, get opinions, suggestions, and get some relief by sharing what is happening to me. Talkingheads
08-10-2017, 12:54 PM
Shadows Offline

Threads: 18
RE: newbe
Hi, talkingheads, it's funny, I just got diagnosed in March, too. So I'm new here and to DID as well. I don't have any advice for how to make living with this any easier but it is really good to talk to people here and get feedback and learn from what others do and say. I hope that things get easier for you.
08-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Find Reply
nats Offline
here and there..

Threads: 89
welcome Talkingheads and thanks for introducing yourselves. it can all seem scary and overwhelming when it's new, but it gets better. hope to see you around.
Blush Learn how to manage conflict, because the greater the level you can tolerate, the more freedom you will retain - E. Walsh Smile
08-11-2017, 05:49 AM
Find Reply
The People Offline
Long Time Member Who grew Up Here

Threads: 1,021
Hi Talkingheads. I do hope you come back. We too have a 17 year old boy who is filled with anger (and a couple of girls too) That is part of being a teen. Ange. For monomind teens (outside teens of parents) the hard part is often anger as well. However, for us I think that the teen years is when we realized just how bad things were.

Then we have Two. She is very frank to anyone and everyone. She argues with the kitty, God.... She talks nonstop. We love her for her strength and determination.
I Am My Only Chance For A Hero!
08-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Find Reply