Freaked out pets
Cammy Offline

Threads: 98
Freaked out pets
We're having a thunderstorm right now. My dogs don't like the noise, especially my vocal little Schnauzer. Every time it thunders, he runs to his ground level dog window and gives the thunder a taste of his mind with a lot of barking and growling. Then he comes running to me for reassurance. I tried to leave the kitchen a few minutes ago to go get something. When he saw that I was actually planning to leave him alone with the big booms and rain, he grabbed onto me with his front legs and wouldn't let me go. Now that I'm sitting at the kitchen table again and his security is restored, he's walking around like Lord of the Manor growling and barking back at the thunder. What a character!

The Scottish terrier is by nature more introverted. She is sitting quietly with her favourite toy to keep her safe, but I've noticed she hasn't taken her eyes off of me since the storm began.

This makes me wonder what little terrors these poor things go through at night when I'm in bed and a thunder storm begins in the middle of the night. From now on, I think I'm going to get up to reassure them, give them a big cuddle, and a small dog snack (which makes everything better in the world of dogs).
Heart
Disclaimer: Any words or phrases used in our posts are meant in a completely respectful manner. Please know that we always endeavour to be kind and supportive.
06-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Find Reply